Childhood Bath Times

16 minutes ago, NewBasfordlad said:

Skegness donkey hanging over the door with had been cut horizontally to make a stable door.

I heard about that many years ago, think it was somewhere down Allendale or a close off there

Rog

3 hours ago, NewBasfordlad said:

am sure I have put this somewhere before, in the 70s I went in a house in Aspley with the bathroom off the kitchen, basin full of water, bath full of hay and a bloody Skegness donkey hanging over the door with had been cut horizontally to make a stable door.

I believe you, NBL. I know of a house in Sutton where they keep ducks in the downstairs loo...and I don't mean toilet ducks either! 

Rog, I seem to remember we were working on Harwill Crescent at the time but I could well be wrong, at that time the company I was working for started installing heating in Bilborough then went through Broxtowe and into Aspley.

We found the same on all 3 estates mostly good decent people with a few that were really scruffy including the 'green poo' on the old army blankets.