1 hour ago, woody said:

Since when has little been a colour?

It obviously isn't but she decided as the pc brigade could change it so could she.  To me black is a colour as white/blue or green so why the problem or do some peope have nothing else to do.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gem said:

To me black is a colour as white/blue or green so why the problem or do some peope have nothing else to do.

Pales into insignificance, I suspect, compared with the anger at the tax on wool which this rhyme commemorates, dating from many centuries ago.

• Like 2

Half a pound of twopenny rice

Half a pound of treacle

That's the way the money goes

Pop goes the weasel

Every time when I come home

The monkey's on the table

Get a stick and knock him off

Pop goes the weasel.

I think I read somewhere that this poem was about pawning something.?

• Like 1

He certainly did crankypig, (I can hear it now on two family favourites as me dad was carving the joint)

Rog

And in the song he explained that the rhyme referred to the practice of hatters and cobblers pawning a tool used in sewing thread, known as a weasel, for drinking money, popping being the slang for pawning an item at Uncle's.

• Like 2

Here's a Rhyme that my dad used to say to me, not sure if its a Nursery Rhyme or if my dad made it up.

"Piggy on the Railway picking up stones"  Chuff,  chuff , chuff,  "Down came an engine and broke piggy's bones" 

"Ah said Piggy that's not fair "  "ahh said the engine"  "I don't care" 

Now this must have been a good Rhyme because when I had my boys, when I used to say the Rhyme to them feedback was! " Again Mum" "tell it us again."

• Like 1