In my view the public are being brain washed in accepting homosexuality as "normal behaviour" Parents bringing up their children to be non gender specific. one day Freddy is a boy the next she is a girl. no wonder kids are confused, homosexuality on the TV even before 9pm even at the Forest match last weekend the corner flags were replaced with rainbow flags.Tell the people homosexuality is normal , bring laws in to enforce this new thinking & the public will have to accept the new way of life, not me though.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What worries me is that, one of these days, they'll make it compulsory!    senior Anglican minister has said. The Very Rev Kelvin Holdsworth wrote in a blog post that Christians should h

It's high time these perversions were recognised for what they are. If things carry on at this rate it does not bode well for the human race. When all is said and done it takes one of each to create n

Why people feel the need to shout about their inclinations and preferences is beyond me. It's personal. Time was you excluded Politics, Religion and Sex from polite conversation. And I think that the

Also, we've far too many hypocritical MP's and people in other seats of power who openly support homosexuality, but deep down find it abhorrent. They should come clean and let us know their true feelings.

Oh no ! Self preservation is the name of the game.

• Like 3

Homosexuality, in my opinion, is an aberration - a bit like kleptomania. Those who indulge cannot help being the way they are. I read that the police are not going to be attending shoplifting offences so ultimately that also will be legalised and shoplifters will be parading in the streets. There will be “shoplifters rights” and they will have buses dedicated to them. (I did say shoplifters, not shirtlifters!) ;)

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

That's true Mike.  If things had worked out differently he would have been sacked.. as a minimum.  But the case points out some of the conflicting issues.  If she'd been to a different school and met him in some other context what then? 

Col

My point  was Col, that in this instance everything worked out fine BUT any person such as a school teacher should never ever put themselves in such a position like this one did. The rules are in place tp protect young girls from such men if need be.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, catfan said:

f she'd been to a different school and met him in some other context what then? 

If that had been the case the dynamic of a 'teacher pupil relationship' would not exist and at 16 she was over the age of consent, but he was her teacher and should have resisted the temptation. What if it hadn't 'worked out'? most don't.

• Like 1

Obviously there are a wide range of views here.  This in itself reflects society.

I'm making this my last post on the topic as we could all end up going around in circles, or falling out.

I start from the position that all human beings have sexual urges which they need to fulfil somehow, or lead a very miserable and repressed life.  I don't believe these things are a matter of choice, so I find it difficult to label them as 'wrong'.  Would 'gays' willingly risk the sort of punishment that exists in some societies if they weren't driven by powerful needs and were just acting on a whim? I rather doubt it.

I believe that there has always been a proportion of the population who have been homosexual, or otherwise different. I don't believe that proportion has changed, just that those 'affected' are now more able to be open about it. 

I also don't see anybody attempting to force anyone else to change their sexuality. ( except those who think that homosexuality can somehow be 'cured', which I very much doubt.)

I don't see gay rights campaigns as anything other than a minority seeking to establish their own perception of their own rights.  They aren't trying to change my behaviour or sexuality, only my attitude. I don't feel threatened by them, because I developed most of my views years ago and nothing has happened to seriously change them.

That said, I'm a bit wary of the 'non gender specific' approach when carried to extremes and agree it could well lead to more confusion.  I'd be inclined to meet issues of gender identity when and if they arise.. not before.

The issue of ages of consent which can then become entangled with perceptions of paedophilia, is I think different.  However, the World in general seems to be gradually moving to  legal and religious views which are more in line with our own standards.  There are campaigns and programmes of education trying ( and to some extent succeeding) in changing attitudes in some cultures, towards what we see as under age marriege, genital mutilation etc.  Long may they continue.

Col

• Like 2

Very well put Col,but I do object to the word GAY being used to describe homosexuals,in saying that I thought your post very interesting

Rog

• Like 1

Yep, thanks.  I used 'gay', with the inverted commas to try to show I'm using the word as shorthand, but I take your point.

Col

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

I would love a few gays to join the forum, im sure you would all make em most welcome, ;)

Why people feel the need to shout about their inclinations and preferences is beyond me. It's personal. Time was you excluded Politics, Religion and Sex from polite conversation. And I think that the world was a nicer, safer place for that.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

The only thing that surprises me is that we have not been warned to shurrup! already.  :rolleyes:. This is not the first time this issue has been addressed on other threads and I think most of us have made our views known. It tends to go in circles and then the mods have to censer. :mellow:

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

and kleptomaniacs as well?

Ben will know lots of kleptomaniacs! He's also one person we can be absolutely, cast iron, positive, no doubt whatsoever, certain is heterosexual! Otherwise, he's left the biggest trail of red herrings since fishing quotas came in, ;)

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, oldphil said:

Why people feel the need to shout about their inclinations and preferences is beyond me. It's personal. Time was you excluded Politics, Religion and Sex from polite conversation. And I think that the world was a nicer, safer place for that.

Seems to me Phil what started all this was a combination of all three, (politics, sex, religion). A liberal clergyman, sounding off about normalizing homosexuality.  Most of us have an opinion on at least one or more of the issues. ;)

There are many kleptomaniacs i quite like, after all they earned me a good living for many years. Plus a few grand in criminal injuries as a bonus. Lol

• Like 2
3 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

I would love a few gays to join the forum, im sure you would all make em most welcome, ;)

There quite possibly are some who are members of NS already....   But they are choosing not to respond, I expect....... 

• Like 2

With regard to people in 'positions of trust' i.e. teachers and care workers it is ILLEGAL to have a sexual relationship with any one under eighteen, the 'age of consent' law 16 does not count for these people.

So Col I do not know the age of the pupil but I hope she was of age other wise..................................

• Like 1

I know 2 young men, both were at school with my sons, who’ve been locked up for having relationships with females ‘whilst in a position of trust’.

One of them was a teacher at a Girls Grammar School and he had an affair with an 18 year old 6th former.  Her parents discovered what was going on, he went to prison for a year.  He was married with a baby, his wife divorced him. 

The other boy (I still think of those lads as boys as I’ve known them since they were very young) was a policeman. He was also married and had an affair with a ‘witness’ in a case he was working on.  He’s just been released after spending 2 years locked up.  

Naturally, neither of them was able to continue in their chosen profession.