This company was on Parliament street across the road and not far from the GPO place,Just down from Brown Brothers (there's another name never heard of now)another factors I had to ride the old butchers bike to in order to pick up the parts I needed in order to repair the vehicles I was working on as an apprentice, they sold clutches,brake shoes fan belts and stuff for the automotive industry, in those days when you were changing brake shoes you took the old ones to Replacement services and got new ones in part exchange, same with vehicle clutches,,I rode miles on that old bike fetching the parts I needed to repair vehicles in the garage but thats another story

Rog

• Like 1

Replacement Services were on Bloomsgrove Industrial Estate when my father was trading and when I knew them in the late 60's-early 70's. AE Edmunds Walker were next door.

As an apprectice myself it was my job to go there & collect spares, I remember one thing though. the service was terribly slow !

At one time they even had a motorbike & sidecar to deliver spares !

• Like 1