Vaping vs the dreaded weed

Being a vapor for about 4 years now, and have noticed that attitude's towards vaping are now becoming the same as smoking. I am interested to know why! I will even accept replies from converted smoker's lol

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to have my two-pennorth on this subject, at risk of offending some (but I hope I won't). I am sick and tired of hearing non-smokers and ex-smokers telling people that they know best , or how

Blinking hector .... Just been on news a youths vape exploded severing his carotid artery .... Dead .......Vaporised! 

Can't believe how folk can get so het up about smoking, chill out, at the moment I'm outside lilly langtreys having a fag, ah lovely, lol

As an ex- smoker Waddo I sympathise with your plight, you have swapped the dreaded weed for on of those vaping thingies. To be honest I always have a chuckle when I see someone puffing on a vaping thingy cos all they have done is swap one habit for another !

If you want to quit just do it once & for all, ditch all your smoking paraphernalia & be done with it. When asked by a doctor if I smoke I love to reply no thankyou. Bit smug I know but I was a lifelong addict to the weed.

I have to say this but if I can quit anyone can !

• Like 2

I think people are beginning to treat vapors the same as cigarette smokers because no one wants other peoples breath or exhales forced upon them which is what's happening,you walk down the road and suddenly go through a cloud of sickly smelling steam that someone else has had swirling around their lungs, I am an ex smoker, now for nearly ten years and believe me I have no will power what so ever so if I can stop anyone can

Rog

• Like 2

It's easy to stop smoking, I did it 3 times in one day. Serious though, I smoked for 30 years and stopped 17 years ago just by willpower. When you see people using the vape machines it's surprising the amount of smoke they produce.

• Like 1

Hi denshaw just for your information, its not actually smoke any more than a kettle smokes when its boiling. There are different types of vaping devices and I must admit that some do a good impression of Krakatoa when used. Mine is just a habit satisfying one.

• Like 1

Ok plaintif but you don't mind the poisonous fumes emanating from vehicles, and they're not very good for you. I must admit though some of the mixtures that some folk's Vale are really weird.

1 hour ago, plantfit said:

... a cloud of sickly smelling steam

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. 

59 minutes ago, denshaw said:

When you see people using the vape machines it's surprising the amount of smoke they produce.

You can't see who's causing it; they literally disappear. Maybe that's the point.

And you can't help notice these things everywhere in the gutters and on pavements.

u6CAD5b.jpg

Hi catfan your bang on with swapping one habit for another, only it was for convenience not because I wanted to stop smoking. But that's a long story.

I do mind the fume from motor vehicles and being a bike/trike rider I get to smell them more than most,when I ride through the countryside it's nice fresh air but as soon as I ride near a major road you can more or less eat the fumes, as for the vapor stuff,you say it's no more than steam,I agree it is steam accompanied by a sickly sweet smell that has already been swirling around someones lungs before it gets to me, can you answer me a question as a vapor user? maybe not yourself but why do smokers and vapors stand in pub/shop doorways to indulge in your habit instead of the legal requirement of a minimum distance of fifteen feet from any open door or window,

Rog

• Like 1

Nothing like a cigarette after certain activities ,      the 'Vape' just does'nt cut it...........:rolleyes:

• Like 1

One of the good points for me was, I used to roll my own and our girt was fed up of all the holes in me shets from the loose bits!!.

One of the problems is that a lot of people speak without the facts.

Rog Don't you think that all atmosphere has at some time been through something else's lungs, just like water has been urinated many, many times. Your just as guilty as the next one on that score its just that people who vape are more seeable.

As yet there is no requirement to step out side to vape only to smoke, no 15ft rule no nothing, maybe there should be but there isn't.

If it helps us quit the weed then actually it is less harmful vapour swilling around our planet and when you compare it to other pollutants it is a mere bagatelle.

To answer the OP Waddo some people just aren't happy unless they are moaning, so unless they have something real to moan about they pick on anything available.

• Like 3

Sorry plantfit about misspelling your name earlier, still waiting for me glasses. But to answer your question, some places don't give you 15 ft you wouldn't need to stand in the road, oh dear, I know what's coming next, and probably from catfan.

2 minutes ago, Waddo said:

Sorry plantfit about misspelling your name earlier, still waiting for me glasses. But to answer your question, some places don't give you 15 ft you wouldn't need to stand in the road, oh dear, I know what's coming next, and probably from catfan.

Just knock a couple of nearby buildings down just to give the vapours 15 feet ! I don't think so, ban the bleddy filthy habit & be done with it. Talking of inhaling other people's steam, what right have they to inflict this on people who don't want it ?

15 minutes ago, NewBasfordlad said:

One of the problems is that a lot of people speak without the facts.

Rog Don't you think that all atmosphere has at some time been through something else's lungs, just like water has been urinated many, many times. Your just as guilty as the next one on that score its just that people who vape are more seeable.

As yet there is no requirement to step out side to vape only to smoke, no 15ft rule no nothing, maybe there should be but there isn't.

If it helps us quit the weed then actually it is less harmful vapour swilling around our planet and when you compare it to other pollutants it is a mere bagatelle.

To answer the OP Waddo some people just aren't happy unless they are moaning, so unless they have something real to moan about they pick on anything available.

Hang on a mo NBL, it was Waddo who asked for other people's views ex smokers or otherwise was it not ?.

Sorry I am late replying but have been of to read the UK law on the smoking ban yes the UK law.

The best site to research is Smoke Free England, and I quote some companies may what to buy our signs to discourage smoking within 15 feet of a door or other opening into a smoke free zone to stop the possibility of smoke entering this areas.

Having checked it would seem in this country but not others it is not a regulation just a recommendation by a campaign group, so you can stick that in your pipe and smoke as my mother would say............

And yes CF he did ask the question and everyone is entitled to their opinion but I to have a right to challenge those opinions if they are not factually correct

Bottom line is it stinks, wonder what would happen if someone suddenly broke wind in your face or burped in your face,most unpleasant I think

Rog

I agree with you Rog but at least you could bite his arse:blink:. I vape to help with my nicotine addiction but I can honestly say I have never blown either vapour or smoke in anyone's face.

It would seem to me some folks know some very ignorant people or are shall we say 'over egging the pudding'

I'm going to have my two-pennorth on this subject, at risk of offending some (but I hope I won't). I am sick and tired of hearing non-smokers and ex-smokers telling people that they know best , or how they should behave. Live and let live, or perhaps live and let die. Now that there are more non-smokers than smokers they think they have a right to pontificate on others habits, hiding behind the very dubious fact' that passive smoking kills thousands. People will believe what they want to believe if it suits their purpose. Yes, there is a big risk with people with severe bronchial problems, but for everyone else the risk is very minor, if at all.

And let's not forget, the official government figures (at the last count) say that the tobacco duty raises 12 billion pounds for the Treasury, and 1 1/2 billion is spent by the NHS on tobacco-related illnesses. I'd say that the 10 1/2 billion pounds that remain is doing a lot of good in making my life, Catfan's and many others more tolerable of our medical problems.

Many of the complainers drive cars. Just imagine how much pollution comes from the exhaust pipe of a car every mile, and compare it to a smoker's contribution to pollution. Ah, but you can't see that pollution so it is alright.   Some of the e-cigarettes do produce clouds of (harmless) vapour, but many only produce the same as a normal cigarette.

As for taxing the e-cigarettes, they are other means to be explored in raising extra revenue. How about making the religious bodies pay rates on their buildings and land. Why should they get away from paying? More than half of the population are now non-believers. For goodness sake stop moaning  and for once appreciate the very substantial contribution smokers make to the Treasury. It appreciates it by increasing the duty every year automatically.  I could go on, but I'll leave it at that.

• Like 5