Vaping vs the dreaded weed

I admire anyone who gives up no matter how they do it, I smoked from the age of 14 and gave up 4 yrs ago, albeit by swapping the really harmful (its mostly the tar in fags that does you in) fags for the relatively harmless vape stick. I think that what I was trying to find out was, why do people treat vapours with a similar attitude to smoking. After this little discussion I think I have my answer. I also Believe that vaping can help a person to quit smoking. My dad always said, its not will power, its won't power. Nice to hear your views though, thanks.

• Like 2
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to have my two-pennorth on this subject, at risk of offending some (but I hope I won't). I am sick and tired of hearing non-smokers and ex-smokers telling people that they know best , or how

Blinking hector .... Just been on news a youths vape exploded severing his carotid artery .... Dead .......Vaporised! 

Can't believe how folk can get so het up about smoking, chill out, at the moment I'm outside lilly langtreys having a fag, ah lovely, lol

Never smoked in my life but best thing to do is

"Live and Let Live" your choice!

Would be an interesting topic of how many of our members like to have a drink or two (pint or glass of wine) this is "quote" also a drug!

It must cost the NHS more money than smoking as well as marriage breakups, violence, road accidents, and lots more problems.

Again some of us do not cause any problems we just enjoy our self's 

• Like 2

I am sat in the office vaping away and one of the things I have noticed the ceiling is still white and I painted it 18 months ago. Same when we sold our 4 year old van a few weeks back the cab lining was still pristine.

I want to smoke like my friend Terry after smoking all his life he gave up fags 30 years ago and I have only seen him smoke one since and that was to prove the point that he could without reverting to the habit. He did however like a cigar with his pint, on a summers day we would sit outside the pub and he would chuff away on a big Cuban cigar savouring every minute. As we left the stub was left in the ashtray and that was it till in two weeks time we were sat outside the pub again.

• 1 year later...

Ahh you see,  you don't get that with vaping. If you don't smoke or if you vape you can tell if a person smokes as soon as you get near them. The smell lingers on everything!.

• Upvote 1
On 12/7/2017 at 11:47 AM, mary1947 said:

Would be an interesting topic of how many of our members like to have a drink or two (pint or glass of wine) this is "quote" also a drug!

But, it is a 'legal' drug!!

• Upvote 1

Vaping or baccy ? Both are truly disgusting. It's been over a week since my sis in law returned home, but it still smells around the back door area, and the pedal bin, even though I've washed it out. 

• Like 1

These are just mild forms of drugs, 

one day one of my regular clients, came to have her hair styled but she sat in the chair crying, "can I help I asked" she told me that she had found silver paper In bit, in her son's bedroom together with dirty under pant's pushed down back of his bed, the client had been worried for quite a while as her son was only 16. At the time my two son's were around that age, she asked me what she should do? this time word failed me I could not answer her question,

This was a long time ago but I have never for gotten her face when she ask my advice. So so sorry that I could not help.  What would you have done?

• 3 weeks later...