Vaping vs the dreaded weed

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to have my two-pennorth on this subject, at risk of offending some (but I hope I won't). I am sick and tired of hearing non-smokers and ex-smokers telling people that they know best , or how

Blinking hector .... Just been on news a youths vape exploded severing his carotid artery .... Dead .......Vaporised! 

Can't believe how folk can get so het up about smoking, chill out, at the moment I'm outside lilly langtreys having a fag, ah lovely, lol

I agree with you on most point Chulla and I've even sat outside with you in the designated smoking area,my choice,the objection is  not having that choice when you enter a building whether it be a pub or workplace,also agree with you about motor vehicle fumes and I think the powers that be are looking into making vehicles more environmentally friendly with the future introduction of electric or hydrogen vehicles and like the disgusting crap we have to breath because of out dated internal combustion engines I will also have to accept the disgusting crap we have to breath in because of cigarettes and vapes, after all I have contributed to the cigarette smoke in the environment for over forty years

Rog

3 hours ago, catfan said:

. To be honest I always have a chuckle when I see someone puffing on a vaping thingy cos all they have done is swap one habit for another !

No, Mike, that is not 'all they have done'. Apart from not producing 'harmful' smoke they are producing harmless vapour. And what's more they are not paying £8.50 for twenty fags every day; they are paying 3 to 5 pounds a week for the liquid. 

1 hour ago, Chulla said:

I'm going to have my two-pennorth on this subject, at risk of offending some (but I hope I won't). I am sick and tired of hearing non-smokers and ex-smokers telling people that they know best , or how they should behave. Live and let live, or perhaps live and let die. Now that there are more non-smokers than smokers they think they have a right to pontificate on others habits, hiding behind the very dubious fact' that passive smoking kills thousands. People will believe what they want to believe if it suits their purpose. Yes, there is a big risk with people with severe bronchial problems, but for everyone else the risk is very minor, if at all.

And let's not forget, the official government figures (at the last count) say that the tobacco duty raises 12 billion pounds for the Treasury, and 1 1/2 billion is spent by the NHS on tobacco-related illnesses. I'd say that the 10 1/2 billion pounds that remain is doing a lot of good in making my life, Catfan's and many others more tolerable of our medical problems.

Many of the complainers drive cars. Just imagine how much pollution comes from the exhaust pipe of a car every mile, and compare it to a smoker's contribution to pollution. Ah, but you can't see that pollution so it is alright.   Some of the e-cigarettes do produce clouds of (harmless) vapour, but many only produce the same as a normal cigarette.

As for taxing the e-cigarettes, they are other means to be explored in raising extra revenue. How about making the religious bodies pay rates on their buildings and land. Why should they get away from paying? More than half of the population are now non-believers. For goodness sake stop moaning  and for once appreciate the very substantial contribution smokers make to the Treasury. It appreciates it by increasing the duty every year automatically.  I could go on, but I'll leave it at that.

I have paid for my medical treatment many many times over.

1 hour ago, Chulla said:

• Like 1

I'm Ex heavy smoker ... Honestly I can not stand to be near to anyone smoking or who as just had a fag I can not stand the smell it f**king stinks, don't kid yourselves believe me you stink. 

Vaping Google popcorn lung, because that is what you will soon be having treatment for.    

• Like 2

I like to ask at Tesco's fag counter how much JP Superkings are . Young wench will say £9+ how many packets would I like ? My answer is NONE thanks, just checking how much I'm saving !!  smile2

• Like 1

I saved the money I would have spent on cigarettes back in 2008/09 saved enough to by my trike £1700 + I think Marlboro was about £5.00 a packet then, about a tenner now,how much has it cost me over the years to buy an early grave?  smokingkills

Rog

Can't believe how folk can get so het up about smoking, chill out, at the moment I'm outside lilly langtreys having a fag, ah lovely, lol

• Like 3
1 hour ago, radfordred said:

I'm Ex heavy smoker ... Honestly I can not stand to be near to anyone smoking or who as just had a fag I can not stand the smell it f**king stinks, don't kid yourselves believe me you stink. 

Vaping Google popcorn lung, because that is what you will soon be having treatment for.    

Not proven yet and depends on the juice used.

6 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

And you can't help notice these things everywhere in the gutters and on pavements.

Those small silver bullet type tubes are nitrous oxide canisters, Google "hippy crack" or "laughing gas'" inhaled using a balloon, if you feel the need to buy some they where under soda syphon & whipped cream accessory on Amozon UK, you could have filled wheelie bins full of them after last years Splendour on Wollo park.

1 hour ago, Waddo said:

They were advertised, don't know about being good for you!!

Yes they were..............the 'Strand' advert used to say 'you're never alone with a Strand'........and i never was, well not for long.........:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Used to sit on a bar stool in the 'Bodega'............with a crush packet of Strand or Styvesant..........(1963)........flip one out the packet straight into me Gob,...knocked the girls bandy........trouble was mostly missed even with my Gob.......still good though,made the girls laugh......and away you went........lovely Jubbly 'what ya drinking'........Babycham 2 cherries no problem........Dance?:rolleyes:

• Like 2

It seems to me that 'Vaping', is becoming two or three different things.   Firstly, a sort of 'acceptable' form of Nicotine addiction, even for some people who've never smoked 'proper' Tobacco.,  secondly, a way around smoking bans and lastly, a way of getting off the weed.

I don't criticise anyone for smoking.  I did it myself for more than 40 years.  I mostly smoked 'Ciggies', but also went through phases on a pipe, and also on cigars. My Sister and my Dad both died from COPD, but although it won't have helped, I've seen no evidence that smoking was the major cause.  Dad was a miner.  Pam wasn't.  I have had some filthy dusty dirty jobs, yet I'm seemingly OK in the lung dept.  ( With me,  late Mum and Brother.. it is all Cardio stuff.)

That said.  I don't enjoy the smell of the Vapour and since it clearly contains Nicotine, I don't see why others should have the right to inflict that on me, in an enclosed space.  I'll happily sit with our Benj outside at the back of the William Peveril, because he doesn't blow smoke in my face and is a true Gent.

As for giving up.  I went through a living hell for 6 months on Nicorette Gum, before tapering it off to nothing and then going through another week or so of agony before the cravings went.  I lasted five years before starting again.  2 years later I had a heart attack and yet I still kept smoking.

Suddenly, in Sept 2008, I looked at about 5 Cigs in a packet and said to myself, and to Mrs Col. "When they've gone.. that's it."  Unbelieveably, that's how it worked out and I had my last smoke at about half past midnight on 24th Sept 2008. ( Not that I'm counting.. obviously..   :) )   What I'm trying to say is that it will happen if you get into the right frame of mind, but it took me 40 years for that to happen and I don't know how it worked.

I don't think about cigs now.  I know from previous experiences that I would thoroughly enjoy one, ..... before throwing up or rushing urgently to the loo...  

That's not happening..

• Like 1