3 hours ago, radfordred said:

Don't know about baby talk, but I do hear folk having quite long conversations with their dogs "Come on Tyson don't go in the mud you'll get it all over the carpet" "Tyson stop doing that, I'm not having you lick me after licking them, dirty boy" as if the barmy dog knows what your saying! :crazy:

Of course he does.   :biggrin:

lots of words we cannot say like 'walk, or out, or ball. They are up like shot and they know a lot more than we think.  If we drop a pea from a dinner plate never say, Pea on the floor.

• Like 1

^^^^^^^^^^Its not just words LL it can be actions put a Barbour on near my springer and all hell would break loose, so I could only ever wear mine when we were off to the field. And what ever you do don't say damn whilst eating your lunch he would be under the table and round your feet in a flash.

My Akita was the same with a red outdoor coat, to her that meant going for a walk, that was another coat I couldn't wear except for one purpose.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

You don't have to say anything to a cat because they are mindreaders! They seem to know what I am going to do before I do it!

Especially when it's time for the flea spot-on treatment...  as soon as I get the box out of the cupboard there's a mad rush for the cat flap..

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Been there, done that Margie. I once had five males together, and it was like a stampede over the garden and through the fields. 

I had to do it first thing in a morning, then they'd charge off and sulk for the rest of the day.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...