Unruly kids on planes etc

On my last trip to Nottm i think I spent more time in Newark than our fair city ! easier access and parking and I enjoyed the big outlet stores near the A1.

Some lovely little pubs around the Trent valley too for a real ploughmans lunch.

Hope to be back to my  roots again next year for my 70th all being well. Still twisting my good lady's arm though as she doesn't really enjoy her return trips back, she's only been back twice in nearly 30 years ! and one of them was a funeral !

She hates the long haul flights too, mind I'm not keen either as I always seem to get stuck with screaming kids running around causing havoc to everyone except their own parents.

Banjo, If you do come to the old country next year, let me know the date, please. If the date doesn't co-incide with a NS meeting then I will arrange an 'extra' one, so that you can spend a little time with us

• Like 3

Be good to meet you Banjo, you'll have to give me a shout if you come to Newark, (perhaps be able to hire a trike for you :jumping:)

Rog

• Like 1
15 hours ago, plantfit said:

Newark is your best bet Phil but keep your eye open for trike riders

Rog

I’m in Newark at least twice a week already. I’ve only ever seen one trike rider in Newark in the whole 55 years I’ve lived round here. I know people who’ve never seen one at all!

I've seen two others in Newark Phil, both recumbent BIKE riders though, every year there is a trike ride around the Tuxford/Norwell/Cromwell area when there is about thirty of us,

April_16_2011_(6).jpg

Rog

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
On 11/15/2017 at 6:25 AM, banjo48 said:

On my last trip to Nottm i think I spent more time in Newark than our fair city ! easier access and parking and I enjoyed the big outlet stores near the A1.

Some lovely little pubs around the Trent valley too for a real ploughmans lunch.

Hope to be back to my  roots again next year for my 70th all being well. Still twisting my good lady's arm though as she doesn't really enjoy her return trips back, she's only been back twice in nearly 30 years ! and one of them was a funeral !

She hates the long haul flights too, mind I'm not keen either as I always seem to get stuck with screaming kids running around causing havoc to everyone except their own parents.

It makes you wonder don't it, smoking on a plane is considered antisocial, but screaming kid's bashing the back of the seat you're in is ok !!!

1 hour ago, Waddo said:

It makes you wonder don't it, smoking on a plane is considered antisocial, but screaming kid's bashing the back of the seat you're in is ok !!!

I have never flown, or even been inside an aircraft, and I know for sure now at this age I never will. No interest on leaving this Island for any reason. 

What I have noticed from listening to my sons adventures and those of friends and relatives, the subject of unruly children comes up quite often,  is there no control? Are they allowed to run around, screaming and shouting whilst the plane is flying? My son is six foot and most of that is his very long legs, he struggles to get comfortable, and he often mentions having to endure children kicking the back of his chair as well, so it sounds like  not a very pleasant journey for him.

I think I will stick to Skeggy. :)

Just realised this is the Broad Marsh thread. Sorry.:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Good on yer carnie.................i only went abroad once in about 1971......for a dirty long weekend to Majorca..........next time was 1995,.loved it been as often as possible ever since.........not been as dirty though...........lol.

I've only mostly been on long haul flights.  Never saw any kid problems.  It is at least five or six years since I last flew now so going on the decline in our society's it may be a lot worse now.  I always was a believer in staying in your seat with the belt on except for bathroom breaks.  I could just see the little blighters stuck to the ceiling if you hit an air pocket. :rolleyes:.

Once flew from London to Calgary on a flight that got really rough.  Over head lockers fell open and bottles of duty free were flying around.  Bunch of drunk cowboys in the back were yelling, "Ride 'em cowboy!"  Most of us weren't laughing.  We were wondering if the wings would stay on.:rolleyes:

I've flown on more planes than some folks have had hot dinners, and never once seen unruly children on them. Maybe twice I've had a child kick the back of my seat, and a dirty look at the parent stops it. There really is no room for a child to run around. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Unruly children must be an Ozzy-UK route thing as I have had many flights ruined by them, It's not really the kids fault but the parents.

My last return flight from the UK I had a screaming toddler kicking my back through the seat for almost 10 hours, even complaining made no difference, I spent a fair bit of time standing at the rear near the kitchen just to escape it but during turbulence was forced back to my seat, the plane was chokers with no spare seats at all.

Made a decision never to fly the middle east stop over route ever again  and never will.

My next long haul, god willing, will be direct Perth to London with the new Qantas dreamliner service , no stops and premium economy, no kids !