Saw this YT video today & enjoyed it. I know one or two on here like old wagons especially FLY 2 .

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Brilliant CF. Some real belters there, and some right relics too. Pity some examples couldn't have been preserved.

It cheered me up, and I reckon I've caught your chest infection, as I've been laid up in bed since Christmas afternoon. 

Sham the roads are full of European tat now, plus the recycled bean cans from the Far East. Hino's and Tata's etc. 

• Like 1

Sweating, shivering, aching bones and muscles, rampant sneezing, coughing fits, sore throat,  wheezing like an old horse. Can barely breathe at times, and virtually no sleep since Christmas Eve . This morning when I awoke, I could barely cough without incurring great pain in my diaphragm area.  Feel as though my skeleton has been amateurishly removed, and all the floppy bits left.

To put it bluntly, I feel like death warmed up ! 5hitty in the extreme !

Sorry to read that Fly.  No way to start the new year.  Hope you can soon get on top of it.

Thanks LL. When I'm fully sorted, I'll be back on my proper medication. Jameson's, Jack Daniels etc !

• Like 1

My missus says its only man  flu !!

Tut, tut ! Women are like that !

great pics, Flyhave you tried rubbing vick on your feet and wearing socks over it in bed ,it always stops my coughs and our lass swears by it too ,worth a try and doesnt cost a deal

Yes I have swe, thanks. I hate the smell of the stuff, but madam found some in a cupboard somewhere the other night, and did my chest, back and feet. Now the feet bit I did hate, because I must be the most sensitive person in the world as regards having the underneath of my feet touched. Anyway, after feeling like I was being prepared for a cross channel swim I managed a bit of a kip.

I fared a little better last night after only two antibiotic capsules, and although still wide awake at 2, I did manage a couple of hours much needed sleep, and my breathing is better too. 

• Like 3

An old Mansfield outfit.

P1000615.jpg

Ford Thames Trader & a Commer.

P1000616.jpg

Foden.

P1000618.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Deepdene Boy said:

A very decent pint

I'll be in Newquay later this year, might be tempted to try one !

• Like 1

My HGV instructor worked for them for years driving abroad including the Middle East !

Not much he didn't know about wagons either.

• Like 1

Learnt to drive a wagon on a Trader.

Does anyone remember that period of time 1967/70 when you did not need an HGV just a full license and be over 21, didn't get a proper HGV till I was in the mob

• Like 1

I think that Newquay Steam brewery went out of business some years back, but I concur that their bitter was a good pint.

• Like 1

Yes I remember getting my HGV through 'grandfather rights'. Had to take a test at High Ercal training center when Midland Storage had me instructing.

And paper log books when 14 hour days were legal.

On 5/13/2018 at 10:38 PM, Michael Booth said:

Here's an old photo of a Nottingham company, Thompson Jewitt.

19113542_425636184498047_848327205814227

A mate of mine drove for them many years ago.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

Road Manners.

" The lorry driver is like the captain of a dry land ship, I've been called somethings but never that !

Copper, no hi-vis & standing in the middle of the road, what a plonker !

• Like 1

We used to call those prats 'Clipboard Kings'...Boots was full of 'em..wouldn't pay them in bent washers !

• Like 1