• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw this YT video today & enjoyed it. I know one or two on here like old wagons especially FLY 2 .    

Marmite moment for some. Mr.Peatman might enjoy this...superb!  

Collars Ltd of Wembley owned AUU 602, a Commer two-ton chassis with an "art deco" streamlined van body by Holland Coachcraft of Govan in Glasgow. This van was displayed at the 1933 Commercial Vehicle

Brilliant CF. Some real belters there, and some right relics too. Pity some examples couldn't have been preserved.

It cheered me up, and I reckon I've caught your chest infection, as I've been laid up in bed since Christmas afternoon. 

Sham the roads are full of European tat now, plus the recycled bean cans from the Far East. Hino's and Tata's etc. 

• Like 1

Sweating, shivering, aching bones and muscles, rampant sneezing, coughing fits, sore throat,  wheezing like an old horse. Can barely breathe at times, and virtually no sleep since Christmas Eve . This morning when I awoke, I could barely cough without incurring great pain in my diaphragm area.  Feel as though my skeleton has been amateurishly removed, and all the floppy bits left.

To put it bluntly, I feel like death warmed up ! 5hitty in the extreme !

Thanks LL. When I'm fully sorted, I'll be back on my proper medication. Jameson's, Jack Daniels etc !

• Like 1

Tut, tut ! Women are like that !

great pics, Flyhave you tried rubbing vick on your feet and wearing socks over it in bed ,it always stops my coughs and our lass swears by it too ,worth a try and doesnt cost a deal

Yes I have swe, thanks. I hate the smell of the stuff, but madam found some in a cupboard somewhere the other night, and did my chest, back and feet. Now the feet bit I did hate, because I must be the most sensitive person in the world as regards having the underneath of my feet touched. Anyway, after feeling like I was being prepared for a cross channel swim I managed a bit of a kip.

I fared a little better last night after only two antibiotic capsules, and although still wide awake at 2, I did manage a couple of hours much needed sleep, and my breathing is better too. 

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...

Yes I remember getting my HGV through 'grandfather rights'. Had to take a test at High Ercal training center when Midland Storage had me instructing.

And paper log books when 14 hour days were legal.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2018 at 10:38 PM, Michael Booth said:

Here's an old photo of a Nottingham company, Thompson Jewitt.

19113542_425636184498047_848327205814227

A mate of mine drove for them many years ago.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

Road Manners.

" The lorry driver is like the captain of a dry land ship, I've been called somethings but never that !

Copper, no hi-vis & standing in the middle of the road, what a plonker !

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Great pics yet again.

That 432 brings back some memories, worst track vehicle I ever drove just couldn't get on with the auto gear box.

And two of my favourite machine guns both Browning's one a 30-06 1919 as we used on the Saladin range of motors and 50cal the most destructive machine gun I have ever fired, that thing would knock down a brick wall at a mile.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

The one on the left could be a Pagefield, and the spilt rad may be a Dennis.

They may be traceable via the reg plates.

• 2 weeks later...