Come On England !!!

Guest Hugh Janus

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thing I don't get about football is 22 rich men all chasing one ball, why don't just............................buy one each they can afford it

Worse still, make him a Moderator on here, he will have to read every single post and sort out problems.

Watched it in with Grandson #1 in the local. Drank more than I usually do due to ET and penalties, It was the right result. Harry is gifted, Being so cool under extreme pressure of responsibility

Posted Images

It is illegal to sell alcohol to football fans at football stadia, but Nottm City Council quite legally sold beer to the 3k fans who watched the game at Nottm Castle at the weekend, I think there is a lesson to be learned here somewhere.

• Like 1

CF, it's called HYPOCRISY ! We have to do as they say, but they so as they like.

• Like 2

After last Saturday's trouble I wonder if they will be screening further games ? Alcohol or not ?

Typical how such a tiny minority can spoil a great occasion where many people of different ages & races can have a memorable afternoon out ruined by the few.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, catfan said:

Worse still Den, make him watch a cricket match at TB or send him fishing !

On second thoughts sending him to TB to watch a cricket match is a bit too severe !

Can't see there will be much difference making it ticket only. What will they do on Sunday when England beat France in the final? It's also the Carribean carnival on Sunday.

• Like 1

A bit off topic but admin fees on ticket sales really, really pee me off. It even applies if you buy direct at the theatre box office , just a money grubbing excuse to squeeze every last penny they can.    :angry2:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just be looking at buying a car on top of the price now you have £100 addmin charges.

Is this right?

8 hours ago, mary1947 said:

Just be looking at buying a car on top of the price now you have £100 addmin charges.

Is this right?

Tell em to kerp the car then go elsewhere.

Catfan and denshaw are right Mary. When I bought herself a new car they tried this so I simply said "no I'm not paying that and I can go elsewhere", They agreed, and I still went somewhere else.... buggerem.

Just another way Mary to squeeze a bit more brass out of you. Most big name dealers try this on, don't fall for it ! When I bought Ruby from a main dealer they tried to slip a £100 admin charge in, I said reduce the price of the car by £100 & I'll pay it or keep the car & I'll go elsewhere.

Another dodge is to try & flog paintwork protection plans which cost quite a bit, they don't apply the polish just add their commission  on the price.

These dealers will go to any lengths to extract every penny out of you.

• Like 1

The second garage tried to charge £450 for metallic paint, they gave it for free when i reared up. I feel no compunction about squeezing them for every penny discount. At the end of the day if they weren't still making a profit they'd never agree to my demands.

The list price on a new car is just the start of the negotiating procedure. There are sites like Car Wow which will give you best deals so you use that as a starting point. It might be a potential pride and joy to you but it's just another unit to the dealership. I'm generally a cash buyer but when they throw in things like interest free HP you might as well take it up. All the other things like gap insurance, tyre insurance, bodywork protection - just turn them down. They usually throw these things into the  final deal to clinch your business. Or buy low mileage preowned/preregistered and save thousands! ;)

8 hours ago, catfan said:

Tell em to kerp the car then go elsewhere.

When i was looking for a new car a while ago three garages treated me as if i was unable to understand the most basic information regarding the cars i was interested in. One even asked me if i had a younger member of my family who could possibly help me understand the more technical details, if i had said what  thought proably been arrested. I ended up going back to Sunderland to a dealer that we have used before and bought a BMW 3 series lovely motor lovely service. Any other ladies on here had same problem.