Come On England !!!

Guest Hugh Janus

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thing I don't get about football is 22 rich men all chasing one ball, why don't just............................buy one each they can afford it

Worse still, make him a Moderator on here, he will have to read every single post and sort out problems.

Watched it in with Grandson #1 in the local. Drank more than I usually do due to ET and penalties, It was the right result. Harry is gifted, Being so cool under extreme pressure of responsibility

Posted Images

Perhaps with a few decent players, not prima donnas!

Good old Stan!! Look at the friggin boots he wore them days too, more like pit boots than football boots, and that ball, all leather, weighed a ton when playing in wet conditions!!

Nahhh, I want to see the USA side win, would make a huge difference over here to soccer in general!

It really took off here after the US hosted the world cup a few years back, but the media still keep ignoring this sport! They can't ignore it any longer if the US team brings the world cup trophy here!!

I was in Florida at the time of that world cup

England failed to qualify. Disgraceful!

However on my visits to California, it is common to see 'soccer' matches on the parks.

I was in Florida at the time of that world cup

England failed to qualify. Disgraceful!

However on my visits to California, it is common to see 'soccer' matches on the parks.

It's widly played over here Mick, there's the national league. which started after the world cup was played over here.

One of my nephews had a soccer scholarship to university, injured his knee and screwed up his soccer career. He loved soccer, that was quite a few years back now as he's now in his 40's.

;) The yanks are all the same if they didn't invent the game they don't want to know.

look at the world series! who do they play but themselves? home-a-fobics all of them.. !englandflag!

Look at the friggin boots he wore them days too, more like pit boots than football boots, and that ball, all leather, weighed a ton when playing in wet conditions!!

Not the old wet leather football killing machine thing again !!!!!!!!! it wasn't even round when you kicked it , it went anywhere no skill involved .. you'll be telling me next if the lace hit your forehead it opened up wider than the River Trent or it was like kicking a baby elephant and broke your foot .

Bend it like Beckham , pure skill ...........that's what i say

;) The yanks are all the same if they didn't invent the game they don't want to know.

look at the world series! who do they play but themselves? home-a-fobics all of them.. !englandflag!

It's not the average American Den, it's the friggin media!!! Soccer is liked over here! They even play rugby league and union, even cricket! But until you can persuade the stupid media there's millions to be made, they just shun it! Although I note some big American corporations are now sponcering Soccer, maybe that will change the medias outlook with a few million bucks floating around!

BTW, the Yanks didn't invent either baseball or gridiron football Den!! Baseball was invented by Irish immigrants and Gridiron by the Canadians.

AND that stupid sport, ice hockey, well the Canadians are to blame!!

I agree Ayup, just about every grade-school kid we know has been or is currently in a soccer league. They start them off at about 4 years old here. If I had a dime for every AYSO (American Youth Soccer Org.) sticker I've seen on minivans...

!rulez! What did you say ayup! stupid game as ice hockey! looks like you won't be getting a crimbo card off me this year.

!rulez! What did you say ayup! stupid game as ice hockey! looks like you won't be getting a crimbo card off me this year.

It's a sissey's game, just an excuse for a catfight in public !rotfl!

Are you talking from experiance ayup?

I've played it and i can tell you it's not a sport for wimps... girlvboy

Well that was a good match, Brazil had their hands full, and Croasia performed real well!

I agree ayup, seen brazil play better thou. don't look that hard to beat IMO.

I don't think Brazil was playing anymore than normal Den, just the other team was playing a lot better than they used to.

Remember, most players you see are now playing for world class teams during the normal season, so soccer is not so isolated as it used to be. ie South American, and European styles are no more, soccer is now on another level from when we were teens Den.

Think back to the 1966 world cup, we had two different styles playing back then, Euro and South American, nowadays a lot of the Brazilian players play for Spanish, French, Brit and German teams.

Soccer is changing Den, it's faster, more contact, where years ago, physical contact was frowned upon, the balls lighter, boots are mere reinforced sandels these days.

• 3 months later...
Do you mean Subbuteo Red??

I beleive that's called Puff Blow Football......or should that be Blow Puff Football?

Lol! Ok a proper balloon,those air filled things we used to fill with water & throw at the neighbours washing,it's as clear as mud now smile2

Are you coming on the meet up Red??