Come On England !!!

Guest Hugh Janus

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thing I don't get about football is 22 rich men all chasing one ball, why don't just............................buy one each they can afford it

Worse still, make him a Moderator on here, he will have to read every single post and sort out problems.

Watched it in with Grandson #1 in the local. Drank more than I usually do due to ET and penalties, It was the right result. Harry is gifted, Being so cool under extreme pressure of responsibility

Posted Images

Well ,what can one say? WE WON !!! and what a score line too !! BUT in my opinion they weren't great. I went to the pub to watch it and we were all of the same opinion, We think we just met a Croation side that had underestimated us !!

Roll on the next one

• 1 month later...

Nope , no difference , really cra* first half ,and it looked like we waited for them to tire themselves out. I doubt that any one would have had us to win 5-1 at half time though !!!

My mate had two bets 3-1 and 5-1 , you should have seen him when the fourth went in!!. Not a happy bunny I can tell you . Made up for him when the fifth went in .

That must have been the most flattering score line ever recorded in a match, waiting for one of the lowest rated teams in the world to tire themselves out is not a great tactical ploy.

Strange how the last 3 goals all came following Becks's introduction to the game, like him or loath him, he can still cross the ball on to a sixpence, nobody else seemed to be capable of doing that. Even after he'd been introduced, he was left, like Walcott, standing alone in space on the right hand side while they either got themselves into a tangle on the left or passed the ball back because they hadn't got the vision to do anything else with it.

It would be unfair to critisize the team selection, after all, what decent English players has the poor manager got to chose from these days, when you are forced to bring back an elderly donkey up front and fly in a semi retired celebrity from Los Angeles, then there isn't much hope is there.

All through the game the commentators were banging on about the 'fear factor', fear of what, £100,000 a week professionals playing in arguably one of the finest leagues in the world, frightened of a bunch of unknown no hopers, don't make me laugh.

My missus is going to introduce a swear box for the next match, we should be able to afford a world cruise after the game, assuming I bother watching it.

• 6 years later...

Forgot its on today, ITV 5PM,...............We used to look forward to all England games,whats Happened? can't get enthused any more,is it just me ?

• Upvote 1

Well 9 hours have past since the above post..................seems i was right,...........its not just me...........

I believe the public hhave finally caught on,football and specially the Premier league is no longer about pride in your area or even country,its about Cash.

• Upvote 1

Meanwhile, Danny Kent extended his lead in the Moto3 championship, becoming the first British rider to win four races in a season since Barry Sheene, and Chris Froome won the Criterium de Dauphine, the traditional warm-up race for the Tour de France.

Two British sportsmen who get on with the job, don't earn mega bucks, don't make the headlines for the wrong reasons, and don't act like spoilt prima donnas all the time.

• Upvote 1

Don't forget them poor footballer have to runaround in all weathers for 90 minutes wearing shorts sometimes wearing fancy different colored bright boots some luminous, & all that money you say they earn, that's all spent on ridiculous tattoos to decorate their arms, some even grow even sillier beards, have you seen the price of moustache & beard care grooming kits these days?

• Upvote 2
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Perhaps she wants yet another referendum !

• 1 year later...

Could'nt agree more Red......Bobby Moore truly great player and lovely man........