Terms of endearment

I see someone has complained to Virgin Trains about being called “honey”. Are some people so easily offended? At checkouts I’m often called “darling” or “duck” or “luvvie” and tradesmen are apt to call me “mate”. I find it irritating but I don’t make a fuss about it. It’s just the way people speak. If they called me s***face or a**hole I might take umbrage! ;)

• Upvote 2

Its PC correctness gone stupid, made worse by the boffins in Brussels and Left wing lesbian do gooders

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

So long as I can keep saying Miduck, I will be happy. I hope I never offend anyone if I say Miduck to them! I love it when I am out and I hear an unexpected Miduck, I go all sentimental and Nottinghamish. :biggrin:

Carni,. If someone is offended because of a friendly Miduck.  It says more about them than it does about you.  If there was a bit more friendliness in our respective places things would go a lot better.  PC is ruining the simple enjoyment of living and interacting with others.  I don't want to deliberately offend someone, but I'm not gonna parse every word either.  ;)

• Like 3

They can call me anything that is complimentary other than that truly hideous term 'treacle' that some buffoon used on Eastenders, and has become a trait of pseudo cockneys. Tw4ts !

Don't mind most terms of endearment..........just people being friendly in their way,........mind you when i first visited my wifes roots in Devon.......so many people referred to her as   ''My Lover''.... thought ey-up.....lol.

• Like 1

Its still the same down st Ann's, some will say ayup mate can I carry your wallet, jewellery or drive your car for you, whilst showing you their nice shiny gun. The sort of affection you don't tend to see much of in other parts!

52 minutes ago, Waddo said:

Its still the same down st Ann's, some will say ayup mate can I carry your wallet, jewellery or drive your car for you, whilst showing you their nice shiny gun. The sort of affection you don't tend to see much of in other parts!

More like Aspleh !

4 hours ago, FLY2 said:

They can call me anything that is complimentary other than that truly hideous term 'treacle' that some buffoon used on Eastenders, and has become a trait of pseudo cockneys. Tw4ts !

'Treacle' is a term of endearment used towards those of the fairer sex, FLY  so I think you're safe!

Rhyming slang .....treacle tart ....... sweetheart

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1