Excellent programme on The Beatles Ch.4 last night. It was interesting to see that their hairstyles, which were supposedly outlandish at the time, actually looked quite short and smart by today’s standards. I glimpsed myself in the bathroom mirror this morning before I’d brushed my hair and realised I had a Beatles style - a bit greyer though! smile2

Years ago in woolies ,you could buy a plastic Beatles wig!! Can't remember how much, but it just looked like a black shower cap.

Funnily enough I’ve just opened The Times weekend edition and it says”what to eat to boost testosterone”. Apart from pumpkin seeds it looks like I’m eating all the right stuff. Perhaps that’s the missing ingredient. I’m off to the Newark Waitrose - they’re bound to sell it!

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just reading a book entitled 'Beatles 66' which was a game changing year for them. They changed from a gang of four to four individuals that year, did their last live show at Candlestick Park, Lennon met Yoko and Epstein appeared to have lost overall control of them which probably started the long road to going their separate ways.

• 2 weeks later...

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 06.52.20

Just wondered if anyone here saw The Beatles at the Odeon on this date and kept their ticket as this one got a good price recently?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Not a bad return for a 15 Bob outlay, just think how much you would be worth if you paid for everyone to get in !!

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
On 6/9/2018 at 7:18 PM, IAN123. said:

nnsc might have a few sticks of this...better than a Beatle wig !

I've certainly got some of the cards...........somewhere!

• Like 1

I collected a full set of these back at school in 1964 and then gave them away to my Maltese pen friend. Never imagined they'd be worth money in years to come.

Thinking back there was so much Beatle stuff around then like magazines, vinyl including the Christmas flexis and even autographs which are worth good money these days.

I did manage to keep my vinyl however which includes a pristine stereo copy of "Beatles for Sale" which is quite valuable.

This site is worth a look if you don't know it.

https://www.tracks.co.uk/category/beatles-memorabilia/novelty-collectibles/bubblegum-cards/

• Like 1