Several topics about being ill - so here's a more positive one.

Mrs PP and I have almost got over a very nasty period and will be going shopping together today :biggrin:

Just hoping that my car starts - been standing unused for two weeks. Not been to a pub yet this year but I'm gerrin betta :jumping:

• Like 9

A gradual process PP, lethargy, aches and short of breath , but better by the day. I'll be like a 19 year old when we put the clocks forward !

• Like 2

Fly, those symptoms sound the same as my husbands. Looks like it is a pretty wide spread virus.

Waiting and hoping  to see Hubbs 'Gerrin  betta soon', I can't remember seeing him so poorly for years. He's off to the docs at 8am so we'll see what he has to say. Have to be careful seeing as he has a dicky ticker anawl. It meks yer wonder how two people can get the same virus and one be very poorly and the other not too bad? 'So far, I'm the one not so bad'. :rolleyes: Well at least I can look after him. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, PeverilPeril said:

Thank you for the likes friends. I hope that others post on here when 'gerrin betta'. 

Keep posting and we know things are all right.

It's when people disappear from posting that everyone starts to get worried.

Carni, I do hope Mr C will soon be better.  There doesn't seem to be any specific treatment for this flu virus itself (or whatever it is) but any extra symptoms caused by the virus can sometimes respond to treatment.  I think it's  good that he's going to the doc tomorrow.   I remember 10 months ago when Paul had a similar thing, he came out in a rash on his back, then started getting much more angina than usual and had to be monitored for 3 days in hospital.  They seemed to think the virus had caused a chest infection which in turn compromised his heart.   As soon as the chest infection was treated,  he was OK again, albeit still 'washed out' and he's been fine since (with no angina at all)

• Like 1

We both spent an hour in the garden today. Just a bit of tidying up in the sunshine. Definitely gerrin betta :biggrin:

Got a face full of cold sores so hope that is all gone by next Tuesday - don't want to frighten anyone.  Gerrin betta though ;)

Glad to see Mr and Mrs PP are 'Gerrin betta'. 

Chris saw the doc this morning, he gave him a thorough checkup. Some steroid cream for the rash on his back. He wants to see him in two weeks, but straight up the hospital if there are any changes. He came  through the front door, straight upstairs, into bed and has slept all day. I have got my beady eye on him and I'll have him in the car and up the hospital faster than you can say 'Gerrin Woss'! :mellow:

Carni, how strange.... I didn't know that Chris had a rash on his back when I posted yesterday.  (Same as Paul had)    If he gets chest pain or is breathless,  he does need to be checked out at the hospital.  These viruses can do very strange things.  We will be thinking of you both xx

• Like 1

Thankyou for your kind words Margie. When I read that Paul had a rash I was surprised as well. The doc prescribed Eumovate, a steroid cream, so it may not be connected to his illness. He is up now and his chest is more comfortable. He has been unwell for a week now so if no improvement in next day or so (so long as he doesn't go downhill) we will see someone at hospital. 

Carni, the doctors at the hospital thought that Paul's back rash was possibly something to do with the virus but they didn't seem too bothered about it so they didn't treat it with anything.  When he recovered from the flu (or whatever it was) the rash disappeared..  

Well I just hope everyone gets better soon!  Mrs Col has also had a cough and some sort of bug for about 2-3 weeks now, though I've managed to avoid it.  I know my Brother has had similar down in Nottm, as has my best old Nottm mate Picko.  It fair puts me off comin' to Nottingham it does.. :) but I'm likely to be down a few times in the next few weeks.

I'm not a bit impressed by all these bugs and I don't mind admitting that based on my one and only experience of it, I'm terrified of 'proper' flu.  :Shock:

Col

When I'm feeling a bit low and poorly I like to get some lavishly buttered Farleys rusks and a mug of hot milk.  Doesn't help the illness but it certainly makes me feel better!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Compo said:

When I'm feeling a bit low and poorly I like to get some lavishly buttered Farleys rusks and a mug of hot milk.  Doesn't help the illness but it certainly makes me feel better!

Hmmmm. Mam's buttered soldiers and hot milk :biggrin:

• Like 1