Classic Old Films On TV.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are several old classic films on Talking Pictures Channel during the next 7 days.   Saturday Jan 13th - 10pm - A Taste of Honey. Tuesday Jan 16th - 11.30pm - Room At The Top

Probably because of all the money that it is so bad.  I rarely watch it any more even the news is a bad joke revolving around celebrity presstitutes. . You rarely hear real news story anymore. Just pr

If anyone wants to see these old films go on the dreaded youtube , there are hundreds of complete old films on there for you to watch, me I am sad enough to go onto it regularly and watch them.  

Did anyone watch the Joe Brown (musical) film on TP last night?  I have recorded it for watching later.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

The Train was on one of the Freeview channels recently. I always record it. One of Burt's best, and a great supporting cast, especially Jean Moreau and Paul Schofield.

• Like 1

Burt Lancaster was superb in The Professionals with Lee Marvin, Woody Strode, Claudia Cardinale, Jack Palance, Robert Ryan, and Ralph Bellamy. I never tire of a good storyline.

• Like 1

I'm hooked on 'Westerns'      ever since 5 penny rush at the Vernon''  ''Hopalong Cassidy'' and the 'Cisco Kid''................ahh ''Do not forsake oh my Darling''   choir please !!!

• Upvote 1

The Wild Bunch, Major  Dundee,  Hondo, Ride The High Country, Two Rode Together, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence, The Comancheros, Alvarez Kelley, The Outlaw, Josie Wales !  Marvellous stuff. 

• Like 1

The brilliant Humphrey Bogart in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. 

• Like 2

If anyone wants to see these old films go on the dreaded youtube , there are hundreds of complete old films on there for you to watch, me I am sad enough to go onto it regularly and watch them.

• Like 2

Hombre I reckon Ian. A fantastic film. Richard Boone was always superb as towering, overbearing, oppressive bullies. A grizzly giant of a man !

• Like 1

No IAN I brought a Samsung  smart tv ,without the wifes approval, with all the apps on it, you can watch youtube, Netflix, the internet and a host of other sites, I have yet to watch normal tv on it. I t is as you say a lot easier on your eyes than using a laptop.  I have been deported to another room , so it mean I am unable to sit with my wife to watch quiz programmes , Coronation street and Emmerdale etc, the sufferings I go through.

• Like 1

For me the TV dose not need an aerial  or digital connection , all I need is a wifi signal and I can watch what I want and when I want and see it on a 51 inch screen, a great picture and no eye strain. The wife is also happy with no uncalled for comments while she is watching her TV, peace and harmony at last.

• Like 1

More of a feature length documentary on youtube but nonetheless very interesting , the story of Donald Crowhurst in a film called Deep Water .

During the single handed round the world yacht race in the late 60s he found his trimaran wasn't fit for the  treacherous Southern Ocean so hid somewhere in S.America and gave misleading locations , hoping to join in the race on the closing leg  .

This was before satellite navigation .....won't say how it ended for those that don't remember the story but very well made with interviews with his wife and children and fellow competitors .

https://youtu.be/d4Lv-yc8v6s

• Upvote 1

Thanks this is the best about Nottstalgia, you have all reminded me about films that I like but forgot about, now to find the time to look for them and hide away and watch them.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched a film called "Don't Panic Chaps" the other day on Talking Pictures.  Wartime comedy about a small troop of soldiers on an island who discover a similar group of German soldiers.  They get togather and attempt to sit out the war in peace.  Good film, I thought. Cast included Dennis Price, Harry Fowler, George Cole and Percy Herbert.

• Like 1