The Future Could Be Bleak.

As well as technological changes our mindsets are being changed as well. I feel that in another couple of generations everyone will be under the total control of, maybe, "the state" or even a company.
A lot of the technical advances have made our lives easier and more enjoyable in the main but look at the underlying uses. CCTV is watching us constantly, mobile phones monitored and tracked, your financial details available at the touch of a button. You can be fined and imprisoned for not revealing who lives in your house, shopping patterns recorded via cards of various types. New rules this weekend let banks share your full details. Social media monitored for so called derogatory remarks.
A cashless society is developing, this only brings the potential for total control over you and your spending and income.
You are not allowed to say certain things or dislike certain people or lifestyles, which seems to attract the police more that the usual serious crimes.
Common sense as all but vanished in favour of obeying instructions from our rulers based on flimsy recommendations from minority groups. Our "mind of our own" will be non existent in a few years.
There are many other examples that can be thought of.
Yes technology has improved our lives immensely but look where it COULD lead, the options are endless, but not all good.

1984, maybe, but predicted 50 years too early.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Totally agree with you, Mick.  About all we need now is the microchip in the hand, and believe me it's coming.  I think folks will line up for it and think it's great.  No more identity theft, losing debit cards etc.. By the time they figure it out it will be too late. 666, anybody?  In these days I try to keep as low a profile as possible and try to avoid so called 'smart' electronics.  The convenience comes at too high a price.  Once cash money disappears there will be no place to hide.  Hope I'm outa here before that.

• Upvote 2

"You will obey all instructions implanted in your mind whilst enjoying dream time. Disobeying orders, and using thoughts of their own will result in severe punishment. The establishment will have total control of each individual, no self control will be tolerated.

You must obey the establishment.

• Like 1

I could say a lot about this but I won't because it could result in an accusation of pushing religion.  I'm not, but it can involve Bible references because that is where a lot of this info is found.  The book of Revelation has a lot to say about the last days before Christ's return.  It is scary to some and that may be why they don't read it or they scoff at it.  Chapter thirteen is where the mark without which you will not be able to buy or sell is found.  It is worth a slow and thoughtful read.  Remember it was written almost two thousand years ago and when John wrote it was scientifically impossible.  I think of it every time I shove my debit card into one of those card readers at the store to get groceries.  The infrastructure for the system is already in place.  Every transaction except cash is recorded somewhere and ties back to you. If cash is withdrawn, and it could be very easily.  How will we cope if we don't want to be chipped like cattle?

• Like 3
On 14/01/2018 at 9:41 PM, catfan said:

\snipped\ Common sense as all but vanished in favour of obeying instructions from our rulers based on flimsy recommendations from minority groups. Our "mind of our own" will be non existent in a few years.

For over forty years we fought a "Cold War" against such takeovers but now, it seems, people are flocking to have CCTV and other "Security" systems installed so that we can all be monitored night and day.  Tragic!

• Like 1

My ex said she was leaving me because of all the CCTV in the house, I could see where she was coming from.

• Like 5

Difficult to disagree with the general thrust of this thread, but I for one think that we have much more pressing issues in the short term.  They are largely a result of the same ''unholy' alliance between international finance/banks/corporations and the state, but will have more immediate and damaging effects if not stopped. Just for one example it is obvious that any future transatlantic trade deal after Brexit is bound to include ways for American corporations to raid our healthcare system and 'strip mine' it for every last cent.

Oops. Almost politics. I'll say no more.

Col

• Like 1

If you can legally stop that takeover please do it.  The National 'elf may not be perfect but at least it won't bankrupt you as far as I know.  

I have medicare, because of my age, but I stay as far away from it all as possible.  Apart from eyecare and the dentist.  It doesn't cover dental anyway.

I've had a good life and avoided much contact with doctors.  I sincerely pray that God will take my life, before I get mixed up in that lot.

• Like 1