Free Speed Upgrade !

I started at 28.8 direct dial up and was lucky to get 13kbs, as our telephone was analogue to digital several times down the mountain to our ISP. I'm still at a relative slow rate of 1.5Mbs, the only way for me to get faster speed is satellite, the cost is prohibitive for us as we are on a fixed income. Government is trying to get everyone on affordable high speed internet access, but can't see any higher speed here for a year or more, or more, or more....LOL There is just no competition in rural areas this side of the pond.

I love Being on NS, but with all of the hacking stupidity on the Internet it's reaching a point where I'm about ready to chuck it.  Even with ad blockers etc.. So many sites are loaded with commercials that slow them down.  Why am I paying for broadband just to read their trash?  Sorry to be so negative sounding but I'm just about fed up with the baloney.  :(  Thank the Lord Mick has never allowed commercials on NS.

• Like 1

I realize that. Mick.  ;)  Problem is that as our speeds have increased so has the complexity of their ads, with more movies etc. using bandwidth I paid for.  If I wanted their stinkin' products I'd go looking for 'em.  As it is I try to make a point NOT to buy any product these jerks ram down my throat.  Now even a lot of the videos on YT force you to endure at least 5 seconds of their drivel.  Came across one the other day I couldn't click off at all.  That exhibits all the properties of a virus.  Idiots!!!!:crazy:

I have adblocker on the laptop.  Its even worse on the Ipad.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Like Loppy and despite having adblocker installed I am becoming increasingly pi$$ed off with websites that put advertising banners over what I am trying to read and have adverts that continually pop up in the corners of websites and some that don't go away even when clicked

When will these numpties who advertise in this way realise all they are doing is annoying me and making it 100% certain that I will not purchase any of their products.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1