Is anyone still running Windoze 7?

Just wondering if anyone here is still running Windoze 7 and didn't take the upgrade to 10.  Before anyone jumps in and says how wonderful 10 is I am asking because I have some software that I use and a colour laser printer that won't run with Windoze 10. I currently have a desktop with vista on it that does (did) the job but it is now so ssssssssslllllllllllllllooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww that you can go make a cup of tea between each page downloading. There are plenty of cheap towers available that are quite powerful machines that have 7 on them.

Still running Wn7 on a computer I use for video editing.  I have never even updated it because it is not connected to the Internet.  It runs the video program 'Pinnacle Studio.'  quite well so I will stay with it.  Probably the last M$ product I will ever buy if I can help it.  Linux is well able to do all I need, but it can't run Pinnacle.

Malc, I am still on Windows 7. I did not upgrade to 10 because W7 does everything I want. The new bells and whistles and other so-called advantages are no good to me. W7 successfully drives my printer and its scanner and everything else that is plugged into it. Leave well alone, I say. When I got W7 ( with a new computer) its Word could not do something that my old Word Me (Word 2000) could do. So, I had the old disc Me discs and installed it to replace W10 Word.

BTW Malc. Where were you yesterday?

• Like 1

I'm also still on W7 for my main home machine. I have W10 on a laptop and hate it with a vengeance. Far too much fancy this-that-and-the-other for me to be interested in.

I gave up using MS Office years ago when I found that Libre Office would do everything I could possibly want in an office suite and, as its name suggests, it's free and also not subject to the vagaries of much of the Bill Gates offerings of becoming incompatible with each new version of the O/S.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Still running Wn7 on a computer I use for video editing.  I have never even updated it because it is not connected to the Internet.  It runs the video program 'Pinnacle Studio.'  quite well so I will stay with it.  Probably the last M$ product I will ever buy if I can help it.  Linux is well able to do all I need, but it can't run Pinnacle.

There are some excellent video editors available on Linux. Look at 'explaining computers' on YouTube. He did a recent roundup on the best. Learning curve for you but if you're used to editors I'm sure you'd manage.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Chulla said:

BTW Malc. Where were you yesterday?

Really wasn't really feeling too clever. I have had a very chesty cold(?) and have at times felt like my chest was about to explode. Somewhat better now than it has been tho'

When I installed Win 7 on Mrs. Ls computer along with a big motherboard and processor upgrade it would no longer work with the HP scanner and some really good photo software that came with it.  We replaced it with a printer / scanner that is not as good as the original scanner.

I also have a tv box called a WD Live which was great for watching YT videos on TV.  Now they have stopped supporting it.  It will still play my home videos from my hard drive.  Problem with these manufacturers is that they will not write software that continues to support the original equipment.  Thus one is forced into expensive hardware replacement.  Glorified scam!

I think I might feel a bit better if it was supporting American industry but most if not all of it comes from the Far East.

11 minutes ago, jonab said:

I'm also still on W7 for my main home machine. I have W10 on a laptop and hate it with a vengeance. Far too much fancy this-that-and-the-other for me to be interested in.

That's about the same as me. I have 10 on my laptop but I am happy with it.

Sort of related question for Cliff.    If one goes to edit a post.  What happens to the post while you are editing?  I often end up editing for changes my rotten Ipad makes to words that I didn't catch at the time.  One word can change the meaning of a whole sentence.  Is the post still readable on the site with the mistakes or does it disappear until you resend it?

3 hours ago, jonab said:

I gave up using MS Office years ago when I found that Libre Office would do everything I could possibly want in an office suite and, as its name suggests, it's free and also not subject to the vagaries of much of the Bill Gates offerings of becoming incompatible with each new version of the O/S.

I use Libre Office and love it as it is so much simpler than MS Office and doesn't have all those unnecessary features.

• Like 1

I started the thread and having had a look at everything I have got I am beginning to ask myself the same question. Just a laser printer that wont run on Win 10

Its an Oki c5600. There are windows 10 drivers for it but they don't work properly. It is an old printer. I also have Nero 7 Ultra on my old Vista desktop which I had found wouldn't work with Windows 10. I just had another go at installing it this morning and it is working perfectly. Looks like I shall be shopping for a Windows 10 desktop.

• Like 1