Hello guys. This is my first post. I wanted to see if anyone had any information about a large house in Carlton, as you go down Carlton Hill towards Tesco, named ALPINE HOUSE? It's nextdoor to Pat's Baps snack shop. Does anyone know any history or info about this building. I'd love to know if anyone knows if it used to be something else years ago. 

alpine.jpg

In 1931 , Alpine House , number 264 Carlton Hill was described as a piano / record shop belonging to a Harry Stringer . 

HARRY STRINGER, Carlton-hill, has a wonderful range entirely new Pianos (including the famous Kessels) from 4s. 6d. weekly, Gramophones from 2s
03 March 1931 - Nottingham Evening Post - 

1945 it was advertised as a Villa with sales shop. So I assume what is now the bap shop was the showroom and the family lived in the villa next door .

"two-,storey bay-fronted FREEHOLD VILLA with open aspect facing the Carlton Recreation Ground, known "ALPINE HOUSE." No. 264 CARLTON HILL. Carlton. the County of Nottingham, together with modern detached sales-shop" ..... 
27 January 1945 - Nottingham Journal - 
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • 7 months later...