I have been trying to find out what happened to an old class mate from Mundella Grammar School, Rowena White.

Over 25 years on the internet have not resulted in any information at all.

I have now reached my 3 score and 10 and find I need to reconnect and review my past in order to complete my journey.

This wonderful invention has enabled me to find many friends that I lost contact with when I joined the Royal Navy in 1964.

I have been in Australia since 1965 when I transferred to the Royal Australian Navy.

I am also on Facebook as myself and on the Willans Hill Miniature Railway page..

Thank you and warmest regards to all. Andrew Cole

Would this be the daughter of Kenneth White, former manager of the Co-operative Arts Theatre in the 60s? She was friendly with my sister and Su Pollard as all 3 were members of the drama group. A few years ago, Rowena was a regular on the family history speakers circuit, as was I.

Her father had an interesting life.

There is a Rowena Edlin-White, born 1948 Nottingham. I think she went to Mundella, not sure. Her contact is ro@edlin-white.net. She is the author of some books. 

Thank you Jill and Katyjay.

The name Sue Pollard rings a bell. I used to do stuff backstage for the Gilbert and Sullivan productions in 1962 and 1963.

I will try the contact.

Cheers

• Like 1
1 hour ago, katyjay said:

There is a Rowena Edlin-White, born 1948 Nottingham. I think she went to Mundella, not sure. Her contact is ro@edlin-white.net. She is the author of some books. 

Yes, KJ, that is the person I mean.

• Like 1

This her ?

dsc03679-b-depix-150x150.jpg

More here:

http://www.writingeastmidlands.co.uk/writers-directory/rowena-edlin-white/

and a better picture here and info on what looks  like an interesting book she wrote

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/new-book-lists-forgotten-talents-887826

• Like 1

Thank you all very much for your input. The next step is an attempt at contact.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you very much for all your input.

I have now made contact and we have exchanged our own brief history of time (LOL).

Regards Andrew

• 1 month later...

I know Rowena very well, I married her sister and, yes, that is her above - if you pm your contact details, I'll get them passed to Ro.

UPDATE : Didn't read that you had made contact, so please ignore this.

Ha Ha, there was a song about that back in the 60`s. The last line being "Kindly disregard this letter"