Had a funny / scary experience this past week.  Sat down at the organ to practise as usual one afternoon.  I started by playing one of my favorite pieces, which I know well and can usually play without a mistake.  I quickly realized that I was making mistakes like keyboard and pedal errors where I never had before.  Tried another piece, same problem. Stopped for a while and then went back. Same problem..  I began to wonder if I had had a small stoke, but I seemed ok in every other way.

I take no meds, except a Glucosamine supplement for aching joints.

I was a bit better the next day, but still feel like I have to relearn certain parts of the music.  Needless to say I'm not too happy about this.

I posted on the organ forum about it. Several guys just said some days are better than others.  That may be true, but it seems a bit strange to me.  On a slightly funny note an ad appeared on the page entitled 'How to know if you are coming down with Alzheimer's.  Thanks Big Brother, you made my day.

Anybody here had an experience like this?  :(

If it seems strange to you, Loppy, go and see the doctor.   It could be a transient ischaemic attack (TIA) and you may need MEDICATION!  I know you don't like the latter but it just may be necessary.  How's your blood pressure or don't you know....  ?

On the other hand,  other things can mimic a TIA but in any case  GO AND SEE THE DOC 

He might just say you've lost a few more marbles than usual that day but ...ditto..

• Like 2

LL, I agree with Margi.  Nov 2016,  three days after a heart procedure, I was walking through a shop and the vision  in my right eye went watery?  It unnerved me so we decided to go home and by the time we got to the car it was back to normal. Another three days past, and whilst watching the television, I realised that half the television screen wasn't there. As I moved my eyes across the screen it appeared bit by bit. Still alarm bells didn't ring?. 

Three weeks later, I read an article about mini strokes and it sent me into a panic,  as my symptoms were described, the doc saw me straight away. He sent me off to hospital. lots of tests and two hrs later and it was confirmed as two TIA events to my right eye. He gave me a lecture and said go to hospital straight away if it happens again.

So LL. No matter how vague your symptoms are, if you feel different, it's worth getting checked out.  Symptoms come in all different forms.:)

• Like 3

Thanks for the responses.

I seem to be improving quite quickly now.  Even tackling a few things I hadn't tried before.

Blood pressure was ok for my age when I last checked.  I do have a blood pressure monitor at home.  Another thing crossed my mind too.  I have had this Crud, whatever you call it cough sore throat etc.  It started a week pr two ago bu the effects take time to wear off.  Maybe I rattled what is let of my brain to much coughing.

BTW I meant to post this in ailments aches and pains.  Don't know how I got it here. in owt about nowt.

Thing I hate about doctors etc. is all of the tests they try to put you though.  Often quite invasive.  Then after a period of tension you are prescribed some kind of pill with side effects worse than the original problem.  Or maybe I'm just chicken.   yada

• Like 1
6 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Blood pressure was ok for my age when I last checked.  I do have a blood pressure monitor at home. 

"When I last checked"

If you have the machine then you should use it otherwise what is the point of having the machine?

If I had ignored my symptoms in 1999, in 2005, and in 2016 I wouldn't be writing this now - I would have already rotted away in my cardboard coffin.

OK, I am taking a whole load of tablets to keep me alive but I would rather that than the alternative. Side effects worse than the medication? Get the treatment changed to something that is more suitable.

No use hiding from what is most likely an indicator of your whole demeanour. Medical tests are done to help you, not to provide amusement for the medical staff carrying them out.

• Like 1

Loppy lives in the States so whatever the doctor can get away with prescribing him all adds to his bill, so I Can see why anyone might be reluctant to go to the doctor's over there. 

• Like 1

You are right on there,   Compo.  I won't major on it because it is almost like the dreaded 'politics.'   However there is no doubt that medicine via insurance companies seems to lead to abuses.  I consider the expensive drug commercials with tv news every night to be a prime example.  I suppose they think only old fogies at deaths door watch the news every day so target them with ads.  The number of deaths each year from legally prescribed medications is frightening.  That is the tip of the iceberg.   All we hear about now is how terrible guns are.  We never hear of how often the mass shooters are on some kind of anti depressant meds.

Anyway, I won't go on ranting about that. Thanks Y'all  for your input.  It is wise and I will monitor things closer from now on.  Hopefully I'll be able to play you a bit more Bach before to long.  :biggrin:

• Like 2