• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New life near the inner bye pass in Mucky Huckna this morning, what with the sun and seeing these so close to the Town centre made my day that little bit brighter.  

I’ve been to Hucknall Aerodrome twice in my life.  The second visit was Chulla’s ‘ham tea’ .......a day  I shall forever remember as many of us gave the good man a lovely send-off. The only other

Look at it this way BK, if some of those who think they are so clever had to do things that you have done in life would they still think they were clever. I have known people who were fine in their th

Was your lighter from Cawleys?

Mrs Peppers was the sweet and tobacconists facing the marketplace around the corner from the Beehive.

I don't recall the green painted shop next to Woolies at all.

Yes..jonab thanks..my 'Ronseal'!

came in a small leather Ronson case...

My Mum liked Hucknall..as it was quieter than Bulwell..near the market was a tea/ cafe shop that sold bread..was that Turners?..

I'd consider living their ..pending the mood of the boss.

• Like 1

Hi Ian, My knowledge of computing is minimal so forgive me if the answer to this question is self evident, but why do some of the pictures you post appear automatically ,for example the one of the Byron Cinema, yet others for example, Hucknall Station do not, nor will they download. It really is frustrating.

Geoffrey..postimage last year..were messing about..most lost the facility for a while..when it returned lots of photographs had vanished...sorry..will do a repair job- but they will be out of sequence with the captions..great pity..as gaping holes exist on many threads on NS.

I think it was called Turner's. There were a number of tea shops/small bakers in Hucknall which gave an undeserved gentility, considering it was a mainly mining town.

Not a clue what Hucknall is like now - not been there since 1970(ish) except for my dad's funeral - a fleeting visit in1978.

• Like 1

Many years ago..when i lived on Oakdale Rd. I used to go to Hucknall often..to the market and in the Brickyards was a meat seller on a Sunday..the best pork steaks ever.Sad that i have not returned for a long time..as when i am over in England..i tend to see Catfan, Bookies and the pub!

3 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Geoffrey..postimage last year..were messing about..most lost the facility for a while..when it returned lots of photographs had vanished...sorry..will do a repair job- but they will be out of sequence with the captions..great pity..as gaping holes exist on many threads on NS.

Ian, wasn't it photobucket where all the trouble was - when they wanted to start charging?

Postimage seems fine - I haven't lost any photos from there.  

Is it true that if you delete photos from the hosting site, then the photos disappear on here?

No Margie..postimage went AWOL last year for a short time..lots of pics went kaput!

The hosting site does'nt take up any of NS's space..i often have a clearout of images..and they are firmly embedded on here. Carni and i commented at the same time the problem started last year.

Travelling to Forest away matches with a local coach company where the driver was a mad keen Forest fan with crates of beer in the gangway. Often used to stop in a lay-bye to water the tyres and he used to take great delight in driving off leaving twenty or so blokes in plain view of the passing traffic.

Then came the invention of the Pi**a-phone that negated the need to stop.

5 hours ago, IAN123. said:

A slightly hazy picture of Peppers Sweet Shop.10387414-702172169880494-564233667465315

Much later picture than I remember. Peppers was a tiny shop set in a (most likely) Victorian building - the pictured building is relatively modern. Also, launderettes weren't invented in my time there!