Sorry to lower the tone of the thread but, does anyone have any memories of the school crossing patrol lady who also worked as a stripper at the Welfare?

This would have been late '50's. Her crossing was at the zebra across the High St. near Roy Allsebrookes to the Byron. She was quite well endowed (you could see why she had the second profession - and perhaps even a third which we don't know about). She was sacked from the school patrol when the authorities found out as it was considered she was a poor example to set to youngsters.

• Like 1
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New life near the inner bye pass in Mucky Huckna this morning, what with the sun and seeing these so close to the Town centre made my day that little bit brighter.  

I’ve been to Hucknall Aerodrome twice in my life.  The second visit was Chulla’s ‘ham tea’ .......a day  I shall forever remember as many of us gave the good man a lovely send-off. The only other

Look at it this way BK, if some of those who think they are so clever had to do things that you have done in life would they still think they were clever. I have known people who were fine in their th

I’ve been to Hucknall Aerodrome twice in my life.  The second visit was Chulla’s ‘ham tea’ .......a day  I shall forever remember as many of us gave the good man a lovely send-off.

The only other time I went there was to do a parachute jump in 1972.  I had a boyfriend at the time who was in the USASF (US Army Special Forces) and he did a lot of parachuting in his job.  I watched him training in Germany a few times and thought I’d give it a go.  One Saturday afternoon I drove with a girlfriend to Hucknall, took one look at the little plane, got very very cold feet, did a u-turn and never went back.  Coward, yes. Sensible, most probably!!   My soldier went off to Vietnam and I never heard from him again :(

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

The US special forces are made up of several outfits Green Berets amongst them, the most famous at the moment are SEAL team 6, the ones who topped Osama Bin Laden.

As if I would I lie to you Lizzie, shame on you for even suggesting itsmile2 now if I were back  in my early 20s then maybe ;)

Jonab..was this the photo mate?

It is undated..maybe you can help..

That's the one, Ian, thanks.

I can't really help with the date but the station lay derelict for a number of years post-Beeching.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:22 AM, IAN123. said:

Jonab..was this the photo mate?

It is undated..maybe you can help..

Don't know if this helps but Hucknall Central station was closed to both passenger and freight services on 4th March 1963 and that photo was taken in 1959

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...