I'm gonna stick my neck out and say we have found a manager that will bring to good times back to the City Ground. He has brought in experienced players who can handle the Championship (2nd Division).  Watson Colback and Tomlin actually pass to Forest players and don't panic on the ball.

Our previous  midfields Osborn Cash Vaughan and Bridcutt  couldn't control the play. Having said that Ben has been a decent stop gap at left back and Cash is scoring now.

We have a keeper that can  deal with crosses (at his height its expected). The  players are now talking on the pitch more and seem to be gelling as a TEAM!

I know we will suffer a defeat or two before the end of the season as every other team in this league.

COYR

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:52 PM, Annesleyred1865 said:

I know we will suffer a defeat or two before the end of the season as every other team in this league.

A defeat or two is an understatement. A win or two is probably more like it.

More likely to be battling to avoid relegation given recent results.

I wish it were something different but I am getting a bit tired of the cry we are building for next year and we expect to be bidding for promotion. There is something fundamentally wrong at the Forest for them to be so mediocre for so long, I don't know what it is but it is there.

Hey, just had a  thought how about asking Arsene Wenger if he wants a job!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We've been building for the future since Paul Hart's demise. Ludicrous !

Edited..... Well actually, a lot longer than that, since Frank Clark left.

• 6 months later...

Well I'm STILL absolutely fuming ! Last nights game was a perfect opportunity to progress to the next round and maybe draw a Premiership club. What does Karanka do ? Puts out a team of nobodies. Unbelievable stupidity ! 

Despite some very indifferent results recently, we've played well, and should have had a nights shooting practice, and a comfortable win.

I'm absolutely disgusted, and nothing short of automatic promotion will satisfy me now.

As I've said previously, Cloughie ALWAYS put out his strongest side, be it a cup game, friendly,  testimonial or bottom of the league opposition. It's simple. It's called team building. Grrrrr ! englandflag

• 2 months later...

Seems as though Karanka has asked to be released from his duties, and has walked out after only 1 year, and two days.

A ludicrous situation.

I’m pleased about this news and hope everyone gets behind him and he’s given the chance to make Forest great again.  

I knew him when he arrived in Nottingham as a very shy Irish teenager! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm with RR we have tried yesterday's heroes in the past without much success, Frank Clark and Stuart Pearce.

I liked O'Neill as a player and for the sake of the long suffering fans I hope he does well.

There is something fundamentally wrong at the City Ground, does anyone on here know what it is?

Frank Clarke did ok for us. We didn't need a Director of Football, that's what the problem is. Look what happened when we had David Pleat for goodness sake.

I’m happy with the signing of Martin O’Neill. He’s served a long enough apprenticeship with smaller teams so should be up to the job now.

The key will be to see how he controls the players in the dressing room, as by all accounts that’s where the trouble has mainly been for the previous managers. If he did indeed learn from the master, he will know what needs doing.

• Upvote 1

I'm certain he'll get their respect, and If there are any trouble makers, then he'll weed them out. We just need players who'll fight for Nottingham Forest, and put this club back I the top flight.

Karanka was the man, he would have got us up in time, feels like we've traded in a pair of Adidas Sambas for a pair of Lonsdale slip on's. 

I'd be happy if we just beat D*rby home & away & finished 7th every year, the premiership, soulless & lifeless, I'm more than happy in the championship until I pop me clogs ....... U-Reds. 

• 5 months later...
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Forest managers