On 3/3/2018 at 1:20 PM, Jill Sparrow said:

For some years, I worked at 24 Low Pavement when it was a solicitors office. It was a Georgian townhouse, originally the home of the Gawthern family. Abigail Gawthern kept a diary which was published and which I found fascinating reading. She mentions attending dances at The Assembly Rooms which, when I worked on Low Pavement, had become the post office.

I got the diary from the library a few days ago. I'll let you know if it fascinates me as well.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Slightly off original subject. When we signed for the mortgage with the Nottingham Building Society, they put us on to a solicitor to make it all legal. We went to a little office  at the top of Castl

Nowt wrong with the Bench & Bar, personally I don't give a toss what the exterior of a pub looks like so long as the ale is OK. At least in those days there were no screaming out of control brats

Look forward to hearing your opinion, CT. I think, at some point, the diary mentions the ornamental fountain/tiered structure in the garden, the remains of which were still there in my days of working in the property.