I was given these two photo's by Ian 123 of some Penny Farthing (Ordinary cycle) racing around Harvey Hadden stadium in the early 1960's does anyone else know anything about the races

P1070207.jpg

Rog

• Like 2

I raced in the Harvey Hadden league for the first few seasons. Although I had won the league on Melbourne Park grass track I just did not have the speed when we moved to the hard track. OKish but not a winner. Got a pic of me racing there somewhere. More than likely that Rob L's dad took it.

• Like 4

Had a couple of interesting nights at Harvey Haddon doing the Security when the Boxing Booth brothers were going strong,,,''Nickie and Jason''............

• 4 weeks later...

I realise this is going back a little but I have just come across the photo posted by cliff Ton on March 7th 2018 under  ' Proper  Bilborough.'  An amazing photo showing the old house I lived in for over 25 years until 1976. I knew so many people in those houses & can name every Road & park on the picture. I would like to know the approximate date of that photo if possible. 

On 2/15/2019 at 12:14 PM, Beekay said:

My only experience of H.H. was getting off the 56/60 bus on wigman road and climbing over the gate then walking round the top to the gate next to bilborough bus depot. Especially when on an early shift. That was back in 1962-66 when I was a conductor then driver.

Corr!!!!!! as long as that?   I don't know much about Bilbrough   when my brain is in gear  Pelican , Indoor Bowls,  The Beechdale,  The Cocked Hat  (all though this could be Strelley )  Astral Grove ? small cul de sac back of Wigman road i think behind the school. 

6 hours ago, jopip said:

I realise this is going back a little but I have just come across the photo posted by cliff Ton on March 7th 2018 under  ' Proper  Bilborough.'  An amazing photo showing the old house I lived in for over 25 years until 1976. I knew so many people in those houses & can name every Road & park on the picture. I would like to know the approximate date of that photo if possible. 

It's about 1950.

12 hours ago, radfordred said:

Interesting ...... Mate of mine lives on Astral Grove, but he reckons he lives 6.3 miles away in Hucknall :crazy:

got it it's Astwood close    mind you i was knee high to a grass hopper when i use to visit my aunt.