Covering All Pockets.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An image that takes me back to a Nottm I was comfortable with...safe,even when rambling off as a nipper. Life was uncomplicated- a Wagon Wheel sweet would have propped up a Foden, plastic sandals

Always thought of this as 'our' Piccadilly Circus...especially when the neons of Players Please on Watmoughs shop front..in addition to the Peach Tree sign also glowing at night.Something comforting a

This does it for me, when cars were allowed in the tram track.Nice to see a bus crossing in front of the Council House. Were Farmers still going? I see Nat West is shut...must be after 3. Zodiacs

• 2 weeks later...

Great pocket coverer.. recollections of this area.703.jpgMe Dad went to school over the road...after he had left Mansfield....took a girl to see Tommy at the Futurist...great movie...crap date.

During the miners strike..after leaving the Picses Fish Bar..i rescued a bloke from a crashed and burning Allegro...transpires he was 'supping out of the pot'.. been boozing in the wheelhouse..and crashed near Scotland Rd- his ladyfriend in agony....he were'nt to keen on my rescue...thanks anyroad Norman.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Fits the thread title this one..2276433537-0f4518baa6-z.jpgGot at least four of what's in the window...racked up some serious plastic from here...Scratching The Surface by The Groundhogs for £1.40

Thick As A Brick and Jimmy Webb 7".

Happy days...bunked of from little downs or whatever the poxy Becket called that field..armed with the Family Allowance and 3 co-op books..the world was my oyster..be it Blue and Cult.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

This one fits the M:O19787368-647940562071981-810614389468412Bulwell!..Robinsons Hill area...Dad had the same motor..even after a smash on Kersall...Clay roof tiles were everywhere around me as a youth..slates were in town...and i always loved old brick..house commons were a bit boring.Used see a lot of hot air balloons going over..and small aircraft too...still recall RR engine testing..Did Commercial Rd.post office move to near Martins?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Clay roof tiles were everywhere around me as a youth..

Where we used to live (Norfolk) they were Norfolk pan tiles. Bleddy useless things if you ask me. I know you wernt asking, just my opinion.

• Like 1
On 5/21/2018 at 12:45 AM, IAN123. said:

Transoms and putlogs seem well fitted..1972.

I don't think thats a putlog scaffold Ian, i can see inside standards. And normally,putlog scaffold is used on brickwork.

• Like 1

That's what you get for using band and plate fittings, got fed up with sgb when they had a depot up mapperley. Although B & P have there uses.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Tompa said:

Iv'e never picked cotton or sold drugs.

I can see the thought line and hopefully it was meant as a joke but I still think it was in bad taste. My personal opinion we're all allowed one.

• Like 1

Funny i could never get on with quick stage..don't feel right..i feel safer with tubes and clips etc..SGB were big at one time..my mate ran Altas years ago...though Tubitt were mad for work when i lived in Nottm.

1 minute ago, Gem said:

I can see the thought line and hopefully it was meant as a joke

Spot on Gem, as you would know from most of my posts.

• Upvote 1