The bass guitarist was a Mansfield lad.

Also oz..i smoked then..and they were'nt name brands!

The Jacksons sold their furniture establishment about 1960, and bought a caravan site at Ingoldmells. I believe they still kept the beer off for some time afterwards. I understand that their son John still runs the caravan site. 

Hyde-_Barker_Travel_t.jpg27826_14.jpgWakefields.jpg3 from Mansfield, Hyde Barker..did some work for them and they organised a eurorail trip for me..gratis!

A photo from the Chad..pub and streets flooded ( year oz?).

Wakeys..better than Nottms one..loads of surplus gear.

Were Hyde Bain related to Hyde Barker?

• Like 1

Spot on Ian, Great picture

One of my favourite watering holes, the little alley up the right hand side used to lead up to the railway station and where the MDT buses for Bilsthorpe, Blidworth, Bingham and Newark left from along with the MGO B8 and F3 often mentioned on this site.

The flooded pub would have been either the Bridge Tavern or the Ram Inn as both were flooded regularly as the River Maun flowed in a culvert nearby. As to year that would be a bit hard as they flooded so often but looking at the bar I would say late sixties to early seventies

Don't know if the Hyde shops were related but we often used Hyde-Barker to book our travels to Spain in the 70's

• Like 1

Ian, I've mentioned it before but I worked with Sandra Hyde Barker at Harlow Wood in the very early 60s, also a girl called Carole who married into the Hyde Barker family.

• Like 1