Sue Bramley, 7 Burlington Road, Carlton in the 70's

Looking to find my old school mate Sue Bramley. We went to Gedling Secondary Modern in the 70's. She had a Brother  called Maurice and think she may have had a Sister called Avril but not too sure. Would love to hear from anyone that knows where she might be now.  Thanks in anticipation.

There was a Sue Bramley in my year too at Gedling but that would have been 10 years earlier mid 60s .

As far as I remember she lived on the estate near the school and was a good dancer , very athletic , think she appeared in a few pantos at Theatre Royal . Wonder if they were related ?

The Bramley family that David speaks of lived on Phoenix estate. There was Susan, Jane and I think the sons name was Tony? There may have been another girl but it's many years ago so I could be wrong. I was in Janes class all through school until we left in 1963.  That is possibly the last time I saw her. 

3 hours ago, katyjay said:

There is a Sue Bramley on FB, but she went to Gedling School so it says, must be the one David means. 

Katy , the only one I can see on FB says she lives in Gedling and went to Carlton Le Willows . Don't think that was the Sue Bramley I knew (unless you're seeing a different one ?). 

Could any of the above be related to the Bramleys who lived on Bestwood Estate?  Mr and Mrs had sons Peter and Harold, plus daughters Pauline and.. I think Olive?  One of the girls sent a lovely card with (presumably married name )Taylor after my Mum died, but gave no address.

Col

I note there was a death published in 2016 ,  in the Nottingham family announcements , for a Maurice Victor Bramley . 

Of course could be some other Maurice and not related but also mentioned were a Maxine, Nick and Amanda (children?).

May be useful if you are doing a FB search .

Thanks to Ann Swabey for the crucial link to her Sister I have now found my old school friend. We are meeting up again when I return to the UK later in the year after not seeing each other for 38 years! Result! Thanks again Ann brilliant piece of detective work! 

Also thank you to everyone else who took the time to give me there ideas.

• Like 3