• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't consider myself miserable but I become more anti social every day which other people perceive as being miserable because they don't understand why I prefer my own company to theirs! I could te

I was very impressed with the Nottstalgian members at Chulla’s special extraordinary meet-up yesterday on a sun-drenched hill overlooking Nottingham.  So many in smart black suits and I’m sure Ben was

I find that being miserable makes those, all too infrequent moments of happiness, much more enjoyable. Even then you can just add a soupçon of misery just to spoil it for others. 

A lot of you should form a MASB club but you make me smile and I find it endearing and amusing that I’ve got one living in the same house as me, especially since his knee op last week.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I'm always told that I'm rude and never smile........ I reply.... What's the point. Nobody understands me anyway !

• Like 2

It's bloody coad today....mutter, grumble, moan, bitch, gripe....

Well, Ian, I don't mind admitting that I'm a miserable, anti social, semi reclusive, misanthrope who dwells in the past because she doesn't like the present. I've never felt the need to impress because I'm not that insecure! ;)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Quite right Jill, just because ive taken all the wardroom space,and wifes clothes still in bag,doesnt mean I'm out to impress, 

Must start getting ready Happy hour starts in a couple of hours, lol,

• Like 2

I think we'd. Be willing to let you join, Jill.  We are not sexist, but we ain't politicallycorrect either. ;). You can talk about Bach and Glenn Gould.  I will answer.  I'm not totally antisocial.  Could be a good arrangement.  We'd always have a ladies moan representative then. :biggrin:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, loppylugs said:

think we'd. Be willing to let you join, Jill.  We are not sexist, but we ain't politicallycorrect either. ;). You can talk about Bach and Glenn Gould.  I will answer.  I'm not totally antisocial.  Could be a good arrangement.  We'd always have a ladies moan representative then. :biggrin:

I'm not politically correct eIther, Loppy! Never let it be said. I'm not totally anti social. Just don't like folks who think the 21st century is the best thing since sliced bread, insert "like" umpteen times into every sentence, don't love animals, are dismissive of Bach and are lacking in basic general knowledge....which seems to account for most folks I come across.

That said, I AM happy. I crave for nothing and would exchange places with no one. Still prefer my own company though...unless it has 4 paws and a tail! ;)

• Like 4

You are a natural for the MASB club, Jill.  Consider yourself signed up.   The Bach is optional for members.  We'll try to convert you. ;)

I'm 'aving a good moan tonight.  My left ankle feels like it is sprained.  I know it has not had any physical injury though.  This just came on over the last two or three days.  I'm currently sitting with my left foot and ankle in a bucket of water with Epsom salts.  Must be a funny sight with me laptop on me knees.  Limping like a lame dog.  It got me a lot of sympathy in church today anyway.   Don't suggest I go to the quack.  Us MASBs do not like quacks.  I'll give it a bit of time at least.  I don't like running to the quack for every ache, pain or sniffle to be put through a battery of invasive, dangerous tests which prove nothing and then they send you home with a box of pills that have horrific side effects.   I'd rather sit home and moan about it.  :sickly:    Checked out the internet quacks last night.  We ruled out gout,  ruled out any known injurys.  The Mayo clinic said that Arthur Itis guy might have something to do with it.   Sure hope not.  I think that is known as the twinging screws.  Time will tell.  Anyway as self appointed president and chairman with a leg in a bucket I call upon all members to keep moaning.  Lets  let our voices be heard.   I think I'm past my 'best before' date.  If anyone else wants to be chairperson he/she can 'ave it. :biggrin:

• Like 3
6 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Us MASBs do not like quacks. 

Very true! Having said that, I'm due there again in the morning because they want more blood out of me! I want more thyroxine out of them. Sounds like a fair deal :wacko: hope your leg is better soon, Loppy. You could try a couple of Bob Martin's!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

are dismissive of Bach

Bach? Is that an abbreviation for 'Bachmann Turner Overdrive' ;)

• Like 1

As the person who was known at work as "Victor Meldrew", I must qualify for club membership :)  They even addressed  my retirement card to "Mr Grumpy".

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Compo said:

Bach? Is that an abbreviation for 'Bachmann Turner Overdrive' ;)

No!  Dear brother.   We will forgive the misunderstanding as you are clearly a highly qualified member.  In fact you can be president if you want.  After all, it was your idea.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Update.   It is 8:45 a.m. I'm sitting here again with my foot in a bucket of hot water and Epsom salts.  I had a good night much less discomfort and no agonizing pain when I put a bit of weight on it.   "It was agony, Ivy."  I remember that from fifties radio, can't remember who said it.  May have been Mrs 'oskins.  Anyway I hope I've turned the corner.  Of course it could be all in vain.  Thunderstorms and even possible tornadoes due later today.  I think I'll havea good moan about that. ;). If I don't have to see a quack I've saved meself 30 bucks.  Can't moan about that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, loppylugs said:

In fact you can be president if you want.  After all, it was your idea.  :biggrin:

Seconded! I'm not sitting on any committees or holding any offices. I'm far too misanthropic for that! ;)

• Like 1

I'm too flippin' ornery to. Do that. Jill.  I'm only 73 even if I do feel like 90.  Anyway I've got to stick around a bit longer to see how this circus called western civilization turns out.  I don't have a good feeling about it.  Moan, moan, moan.  :biggrin:

Edited to add.  This is. In response to Jill's comment about kicking the bucket, previous page.

What happened to the flippin post numbers?     :(  Moan moan, grumble.

• Upvote 2