Happy memories living on the Clifton estate from 1953 - 1966. Went to Charnwood secondary modern school for girls. Lived at New Basford before moving to Clifton.  

• Like 1

Clifton was a great place when you were young. Fields to roam, brooks to play in and apples that just had to be scrumped. As a teenager it was just about the most boring place on earth.

• Like 1

Ah,at last the cliftonites have arrived,start posting your memories of the place, bye the way,welcome to Nottstalgia Caroline

Rog

• Like 1

19 hours ago, plantfit said:

Ah,at last the cliftonites have arrived,start posting your memories of the place, bye the way,welcome to Nottstalgia Caroline

Rog

Hi Rog and thanks for the welcome! :)

16 hours ago, Brew said:

Clifton was a great place when you were young. Fields to roam, brooks to play in and apples that just had to be scrumped. As a teenager it was just about the most boring place on earth.

Yes a great place to grow up and spent many a happy hour fishing for tiddler's at Fairham Brook, and yes not much for the teens!  :)  

Used to visit a favourite Uncle who moved there with his family from the Medders. This was before they had completed the first Clifton bridge. People would catch a West Bridgeford bus to the 'apenny bridge and walk across back to the Medders to shop. Going back the same way carrying their shopping.

I used to walk all the way from Queens Drive. Often stopping enroute at Fareham Brook, spending time there and then going back home without making it to the Estate.  If I recollect correctly having crossed the 'apenny bridge you turned right through a churchyard/cemetery and then you got to pass an apple orchard. Apples were there for the scrumping of. ;)

21 minutes ago, alisoncc said:

If I recollect correctly having crossed the 'apenny bridge you turned right through a churchyard/cemetery and then you got to pass an apple orchard. Apples were there for the scrumping of. ;)

You can still cross the bridge and then go through the churchyard, and along to Clifton. I suspect the orchard has now been replaced by housing. That part of Wilford hasn't been too badly spoiled.