I took this photo in about 1978/9 at Loughborough after taking it from Nottingham Midland. Alas, I didn't take the name or number so can anyone identify it from the photo, please?  Incidentally, the reason for my taking that train was to walk the old Great Central route from Loughborough through to Nottingham.  As I recall, it was a Saturday.

39109034770_7d26dafba5_h.jpg

They played with some of the big names back in the day. They even had a season in Hamburg like the Beatles. Bill became a ‘respectable’ businessman prior to retirement but went on to revive the Beatmen some years ago. He still plays the occasional gig. I can sometimes hear the wail of his Gibson coming over the fields when he practices. It’s not always peace and tranquillity here in the country!

• Like 1

A very good friend of mine was one of the original Beatmen who went to Hamburg (before the Beatles). He’s told me about gigs they’ve done at your local on NYE.  He’s another Bill and he was at High Pavement. 

With reference to my last post re: Name and number fo the Class 45 Peak diesel locomotive.... Last night I put the 35mm slide under a dissecting microscope and managed to read "The Lancashire Fusilier" on the name plate so that makes it number 45123.

• Like 1

Thanks for that Compo, I was trying to identify the "crest" or"badge" above the nameplate

Rog

• Like 1

I couldn't see a crest on the plate, even under the microscope.  It looks like it was missing at the time of the photo, Rog.

• Like 1