Old Bulwell Photo's.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To continue again, the now defunct 360 club on Highbury Road, I enjoyed a pint or two in this club many years ago. Not a club anymore but at present being renovated & changed to flats !

Bulwell Hall Cottage.   A fine art deco building. The Adelphi.   Bulwell station master's house, now a doctor's surgery.   When it was safe for kids to

18 hours ago, trogg said:

I spent too much time in Red Lion ,then down to what is now Lion revived, I don't remember the previous name, sold Taddys brown ale then in the back room of Billy with Ted as the landlord. Cross the road to Oak and end up in Monkey or Scotts Greys. Just recalled another shop on Main street junction with Highbury Vale Roses the shoe shop, amazing what memories a few old photos bring back.

I believe that the Lion Revived was previously known as the Robinsons Hill club.

• Like 2

I believe there was another bike shop on Cinderhill Road ,it was in the area where the bus station is now , I think it was Wards. Near it was a sweet and confectionary wholesalers only a very small place.

Charlies cycles bring back a lot of memories Mick, my maternal grandparents lived down the street opposite, Albert street, used to get all my inner tubes,tyres and puncture outfits from there when I were a kid

Rog

• Like 2
1 hour ago, trogg said:

I believe there was another bike shop on Cinderhill Road ,it was in the area where the bus station is now , I think it was Wards. Near it was a sweet and confectionary wholesalers only a very small place.

Wards for years then Evans Cycles now an offie !

• Like 2
1 hour ago, IAN123. said:

Correct Willow..since we are talking about Bulwell boozers..this one up Covvo has gone.The-_Sporting-_Chance-_Coventry-_Lane-_B

Now the local Police Station that does not open to the public ?

• Like 1

See how the market traders stacked up the boxes on the road ? I was driving a 44 bus one

Saturday afternoon & when negotiating the market I accidentally clipped the boxes on the road & sent a load of fruit & veg flying !

The road was normally kept clear after that.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, IAN123. said:

12644893_978202795588262_394619900830256.

That’s the very model of the Vauxhall Victor I learnt to drive in. I’ve not seen one for many years, they’ve probable all rusted away. I also rember RG Pascoe. That was the man with the beard who used supply the PA system at the Henry Mellish school sports day.