Wasn't sure where to put this picture,it is a flower arrangement at the Heckington country show a few years ago now,nice bright colours (although I am colour blind)  the amount of work that goes into these displays is fantastic,what do you think?

2009_0725Heckington20090009.jpg

Rog,

ps: I have a few more pictures from the show if anyone wants me to post them

• Like 3

We used to go to the Chelsea Flower Show when we lived in Bucks.  A world renowned Sweet Pea grower, Norman Brackley, lived in our village. (In fact his daughter was our babysitter for a time).  Norman would get us    cut price tickets for the show which was great and we enjoyed a good day out down there.  He worked so hard getting his blooms ready for not only Chelsea but several County Shows around the country and great credit to him and his wife too,  they assembled magnificent beautifully scented displays.  Not sure if Norman is still alive.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Done Chelsea, but always fancied Hampden Court. On my to do list. 

The RHS one at Harlow Carr, Harrogate is a good one too.

• 2 weeks later...

Our local county show features a floral photographic competition. As you might expect for Scotland, the 1st prize is a massive £2.50; 2nd prize £1.50 and 3rd prize £1.00...I kid you not! :)

• Like 6