It is with much sadness that I have to tell you all, that Chulla passed away last night. If you would like to send a card of condolence to his wife Linda, and daughter Barbara,  the address is 36 Portree Drive, Rise Park, Nottingham NG5 5DS. I have no funeral details as of yet, but will keep you informed.

Kath

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of my favourite poems, written by that little known Nottinghamshire youth, George Gordon Byron, is The Vision of Judgement. It deals with the arrival at the pearly gates of King George III who, as

I looked at the chulla Member offline tag today with great concern. Unfortunately my fears were confirmed. I did not know until today. Never knew his real name. The shock of learning about his death t

We thought the service for Chulla was quite fitting - and it was good to hear more about his life from his friend David.  You spoke well, too, Katyjay.  It was good to see so many Nottstalgians there

Kath, that is such terrible news. He’s been through so much in recent months with different medical issues but fought it all bravely and usually with humour.  

I personally will remember Chulla as a very kind, friendly and caring man,  and one of the nicest men I’ve ever met.  

We will all miss him so much, he really got us organised for meet-ups too, bless him.

Thoughts are with Linda and his daughter Barbara, and of course you Kath.  

Sending my sincere condolences and love to the family. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Hi KJ.

I'm truly sorry to hear this news.

I always liked and respected Dave.  Even on the odd occasions when we disagreed it was always good natured.  We shared a liking of music and his poetry was always a good read.  Not too mention all of the beautiful pictures he posted from time to time.

He is truly a great loss to Nottstalgia and will be really missed.

My sincere condolences to all of his family and friends.

Dave.  LL.

• Like 2

Just read about Chulla. It brought a lump in my throat. 

RIP Chulla 

you will be missed by all of us I have known you for only a short time but you were a wonderful person. Condolences to your family 

• Like 2

My most sincere condolences, from my short time on this site, I can honesty say that he seemed to be such a genuine and knowledgeable person. He will be greatly missed by all. R.I.P. Chulla.

• Like 1

So sad. He'll be very sadly missed. RIP Dave. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, katyjay said:

It is with much sadness that I have to tell you all, that Chulla passed away last night. If you would like to send a card of condolence to his wife Linda, and daughter Barbara,  the address is 36 Portree Drive, Rise Park, Nottingham NG5 5DS. I have no funeral details as of yet, but will keep you informed.

Kath

Hi again KJ

Sorry to bother you at a difficult time.

Just wondered if you could add a surname.  I would like to send a sympathy card, I would want to address it fully though.  Not sure Mrs C would be appropriate

Thanks

Dave.

• Like 1

We are so sorry to read this news Katyjay.  Both Chris and I thought a lot of Chulla, as I am sure, so many other Nottstalgians felt the same.. He bought a lot of enjoyment into our lives, with his humour, poetry and knowledge on many things. It has been a pleasure to have met him and Linda. Our condolences to Linda and Barbara, and yourself Katyjay. 

• Like 2

A tragedy to his loved ones and for nottstalgia. A lovely man with wide interests and a benevolent outlook. He became our defacto leader for the meet ups and will be a hard act to follow. Sad day. Best wishes Kayjay and family.

• Like 2

Such awful news, I know Dave wasn't well but he fought to the end.  My most sincere condolences to Lynda & family, not forgetting katyj of course.

Until the big meetup in the sky Dave, God Bless you.

• Like 4

I am so sorry for your loss Katy, my condolences are sent to you and all the family and I will hold you in my prayers.

It was such a shock to see this on opening the Forum site, we knew he had been struggling bravely with his condition for some time but didn't expect to read this news.

He was a great contributor to the Forum with a fund of knowledge on so many topics and his admin skills in controlling members for meet ups were formidable!

We will all miss him and I am so glad that I was able to get to the meet last October and  shake his hand.

Graham.

• Like 2

Our dear friend, the one and only Dalai Chulla. Such a character. He'll leave a hole in this site that no one will ever fill.

Condolences to his wife and family, all in my thoughts, as in everyone's.

Bless you, Chulla. X

• Like 7