To - day is "Chulla's" day we will be there Chulla to give you a good send off. 

Not sure how to say this as now days some people are not religious and some are when at work on of the girls quoted this to me,

God saw the hill was hard to climb. he closed your eyes and said peace be thine.

R.I.P "CHULLA"

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of my favourite poems, written by that little known Nottinghamshire youth, George Gordon Byron, is The Vision of Judgement. It deals with the arrival at the pearly gates of King George III who, as

I looked at the chulla Member offline tag today with great concern. Unfortunately my fears were confirmed. I did not know until today. Never knew his real name. The shock of learning about his death t

We thought the service for Chulla was quite fitting - and it was good to hear more about his life from his friend David.  You spoke well, too, Katyjay.  It was good to see so many Nottstalgians there

The sun has opened up for Chulla, bless him !

• Like 6

Lovely service for chulla,,,,,,,,and the sun was shining quite rightly for him,,,

Not the right circumstances i know but good to see so many Nottstalgians,..........a few i met for first time......Brew,,Mary,, melissa,, and Commo,,nice to see you all..........

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

It was a wonderful service, and a fine eulogy from his friend David. It made me feel as though I knew Dave personally. It was also good to meet Kath, although would have liked it to be under better circumstances. Hopefully I will get to meet more of you all at one of the meets. R.I.P. Chulla.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

So sorry I couldn't be there for you Mrs Chulla but my thoughts were with you.

• Like 4

No worries Melissa, I hope to be at the next meet,so should be able to put faces to names. Pity I couldn't get to do at hucknall but had some pressing things to attend to.

• Like 1

We thought the service for Chulla was quite fitting - and it was good to hear more about his life from his friend David.  You spoke well, too, Katyjay.  It was good to see so many Nottstalgians there - at least 15, including some spouses, I reckon.  I shall really miss Chulla's posts on here......  continuing thoughts and prayers for Linda and all the close family members

• Like 15
  • Upvote 1

I’m sorry I was unable to attend Chulla’s funeral but my lawn tractor had fallen into a deep muddy pond caused by the wet weather and its extraction was a matter of some urgency. I’m pleased to hear all went well and that he had a fitting send off with a good turnout.

• Upvote 1

The sun shone for Chulla, which is as it should be. A bright, warm, delightful day for a bright, warm, delightful person. Wherever you are, Chulla, some of us will be raising a glass of Tibetan tipple in your honour this evening. Might even look out my saffron robes!

• Like 6

I have been sitting here with my  finger poised waiting for inspiration to come and I can't find the right words, nothing is coming into my mind. All I can say is I feel so sad but also so glad to have got to know Chulla for the short time we had.  Seeing everyone today showed how much we all thought of him in our own way. It appears he had such a knack of being natural, comical and caring and he endeared himself to us all. Chris and I already miss him on NS and think we always will. The service today was very appropriate to how Chulla shared his beliefs with us. Thank you to Linda and Barbara for letting us join in today and share the farewell for Chulla. I hope this post is OK, I wanted to write something and have found it hard to put into words.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

How about future 'Meet-ups'.............being called '' Chulla-ups''.  in tribute to his memory.........?..

• Like 10

Thank you, to everyone that attended Chulla's service today. It was grand to see so many Nottstalgians, I think I met you all, except Radfordred. Wished you had introduced yourself. Lovely wake afterwards, and couldn't have wished for a nicer day. 

• Like 15
  • Upvote 1

I wasn’t able to be at Wilford Hill, but Chulla clearly got a suitable send-off.

It’s appropriate a large number of Nottstalgians were there. Chulla was the main man for getting a lot of people together in the same place at the same time on a large number of occasions. Nottstalgians who have met other Nottstalgians probably owe that to Chulla. 

He will be a hard act to follow.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

WHAT MORE IS THERE TO SAY A REAL GENT!

"GOODNIGHT GODBLESS CHULLA"

R.I.P

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

What a wonderful send-off for a really lovely man.  During that service we Nottstalgians learnt so much about our mate Chulla.  We knew he was an incredibly bright and warm man but I doubt any of us realised just how intelligent the man was.  Apart from his posts about old films, music, poetry I had no idea he was an author with many published articles in ‘Air Britain’. I think his friend and colleague Dave Piggott said he’d had 94 publications which is brilliant.  Plus he was an international authority on aviation.  

We will miss Chulla so much, especially those of us who became close to him in the short few years we’d got to know him.  

Fly high Chulla, the World has sadly lost a good un.  My thoughts and love to his family. x

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

Well said all, I can't really add anything new to all of those lovely comments.  It was an excellent 'standing room only' send off for our Chulla, which in itself was a good measure of the man.

Lizzie, I had a few long conversations with Dave and whilst I was aware of his interests, I too had no clear  idea of his standing in the world of aviation research etc., so I think I'd add 'modest' to his many other traits.

Obviously not the best circumstances, but it was also a pleasure to see so many 'Stalgians.  Some familiar, others new to me. I too am sorry to have missed Waddo.

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

Col

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Linda would also like me to thank everyone who came, she was touched by such a showing of love and respect for Dave.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1