Thanks for posting it caftan ,I still have not mastered the magical art of posting items from postimage and the black magic of laptops.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Trogg and Catfan.  I’ve already asked a Hucknallite friend to pick up a copy of the paper for me.  As Nonna has commented, those who got to know Chulla had no idea how talented he was.  To us he was Dave, a thoroughly nice chap.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

he wasn't the sort to bragg

• Like 1

I looked at the chulla Member offline tag today with great concern. Unfortunately my fears were confirmed. I did not know until today. Never knew his real name. The shock of learning about his death truly touched me. 

I always bottled out of meetings because I am innately shy, but I wish I had met him. I feel he would have made me welcome. I was often in Nottingham at the time of a meet but couldn't summon up the courage. Now an great opportunity has been missed.

He always seemed to me to have a very incisive mind, and he knew what he was talking about too. Decent men are rare. 

I will miss his contributions to NS as he was very influential in many respects. 

Also, I wish his family peace following his demise, and I do hope that they find some comfort in knowing that he was respected by people he never knew in person. 

• Like 15
  • Upvote 1

Chulla would have turned 80 today. Happy birthday Bro. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Likewise. Nothing more to add.

• Like 1

Miss my little smoke/Vape with him,,

Oh I’ve really missed Chulla, he was a smashing bloke and sadly missed on this forum.  Happy Birthday Chulla x

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I definitely think almost all of us have Lizzie. 

I liked his poems and short stories.  He allowed me to use one story about farmyard friends to read to our toddler group at church.  He said he thought they might like it......   a very thoughtful man.

• Upvote 1

Sipping a Tibetan Tipple, resplendent in his saffron robes! Enjoy it, Chulla. He's probably got a chain of Chullaspoons Emporia by now...with the odd scanty! ;)

• Like 2