Duchess of Cambridge

Beauty, I suppose, is in the eye of the beholder but I didn't consider Diana especially good looking: no more so than any young woman from the average street, given a ton of slap by a make up artist, a hairdo by a top coiffeuse with a diamond tiara perched atop of it and a sparkly dress. Her body language often made her appear shifty and manipulative and why such a damaged person wanted to join a family who would control every aspect of her life eludes me completely.

As someone who is interested in history, the royals and their forebears interest me enormously but I'm well aware that, through the centuries, they have acquired and maintained their power and influence by means of foul deeds and nefarious tactics. Why should they be any different now? Leopards do not change their spots.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure weddings are a blokes thing? Bit too girlie for me? I'm working Saturday so I should miss the whole debacle, then meeting a few old workmates in the Piano & Pitcher @ 3 no tellies in ther

Well you miserable bunch....... Off with your heads !

The cost to the taxpayer 2017/18 will be £46.5 million - less than a pound a YEAR for the poor downtrodden serfs. Bargain I say and though we may joke aboutthem  looking round the world at some of the

Although an absolute devout royalist, I agree wholeheartedly.  Basically, they're just 'human'.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Basically, they're just 'human'.

Of course and, like most institutions founded by humans...the Roman Catholic Church, the Church of England...the list is endless...they fall into the trap of being double standards merchants because they can't abide by the rules they write for themselves. We're all human so we all have human frailties. Having HRH or His Holiness in front of your name doesn't exempt anyone from those. You wouldn't catch our friend Radford Red playing such games!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Fort William - what a dump. On a hiking holiday many years ago we stopped off there having walked the length of Loch Ness. We found a reasonable looking traditional hotel and booked in. Comfortable rooms, excellent restaurant but something we didn't think about at the time (we were very tired) was that there was no wine list. After the meal, I asked where the bar was to be told, aggressively, that the hotel was temperance and if we wanted to imbibe alcohol they said to go elsewhere - which we did. Upped and left and didn't pay for the meal.

It was quite late by then but we felt refreshed, having had a bath and a short rest so we pitched the tent and spent the night under canvas.

Can't remember the name of the hotel but apparently, it had a reputation of chucking ordinary people out if they didn't abide by the no alcohol rules.

The one positive thing about Fort William is that I had the best steak sandwich ever at the railway station there. I doubt that exists any longer (the station, that is).

I stopped, unknowingly, at a temperance hotel in Dublin once. The Hall porter told me it was a temperance hotel but if I felt like a drink he would be quite happy to go out and get me a bottle of something. The Irish, don’t you just love them? :biggrin:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, radfordred said:

Can't speak ill of the dead, but whatever happened to I think her name was Helen Windsor the press nicknamed her "melons" liked her, she had massive bangers. 

Now Lady Helen Taylor. She’s now 53 and has (I think) 4 kids. Nice lady.

• Like 1

Wasn’t there a story about Diana going to see that surgeon “friend” wearing nothing but a fur coat? Don’t think she was as hard done to as she liked to make out. Very manipulative lady, and her coy looks and body language in that Martin Bashir interview were cringeworthy.

Her funeral had elements of Eva Peron (listen to David Essex’s “Oh what a circus!” From Evita), and started this whole trend of public grief as almost an entertainment.

I’m not saying she was a bad lass, but totally unsuited for a job that she was bound to inherit with her marriage.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Bl**dy ridiculous 4 out of the 5 main free to air channels in Australia are broadcasting the Royal Wedding.

I hope they get it over with on time so we can watch the Cup Final, far more important than any royal event.

• Like 1

Same here NBL, I’ve always been a royalist, been excited when the Queen has visited wherever I may be, got a lovely close up photo of her when we were in Victoria BC when she had a walkabout in the City park.  Stood on the side of the M1 when Diana’s cortège was heading to Althorp, I even sat on the steps of a helicopter of the Royal flight, that was against protocol but it was parked in a field next to our house!  BUT ...... this episode is a complete and utter soap opera.  Wonder why he couldn’t have found a nice young British girl instead of this one?   Won’t comment further and won’t mention the reasons why I feel she isn’t the right gal for Our Harry.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Likewise, I'm a devout Royalist, and agree with most things that they do, but as has previously been stated, this is beyond a joke. 

I'd hardly ever heard of Megan until the wedding was announced, and it does seem to be progressing very haphazardly.

Like Lizzie says, she doesn't seem right for Harry, and I too will reserve my reasons. She certainly isn't a 'looker' that's for certain.

Oh yes, I'll still be watching it !

I think Meghan is beautiful and I hope they will have a long and happy marriage!

• Like 3

I heard that the couple were sending out invites to some of the British subjects.  (ORDINARY PEOPLE)

Still waiting for mine. 

Let me know if any of you  receives one. as it would probable be mine ,

had the wrong address on, or got lost in the post.

P.S.

I did put my postcode on the invite request.

"HARRY"

"DARLING WHO IS THIS PERSON WANTING TO COME TO OUR WEDDING"?

• Like 1