Duchess of Cambridge

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure weddings are a blokes thing? Bit too girlie for me? I'm working Saturday so I should miss the whole debacle, then meeting a few old workmates in the Piano & Pitcher @ 3 no tellies in ther

Well you miserable bunch....... Off with your heads !

The cost to the taxpayer 2017/18 will be £46.5 million - less than a pound a YEAR for the poor downtrodden serfs. Bargain I say and though we may joke aboutthem  looking round the world at some of the

The Royal Family happen to be self financing. 

• Like 1

Well not exactly yet, but the benefits of tourism far outweighs the amount funded by the taxpayers.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

The Royal Family happen to be self financing. 

What doing ? Opening the odd fete & gala or Poundland store ? Never mind the royal brat, think of all the royal hangers on & myriad of staff to keep em in luxury all paid for by Joe & Jane Public of course.

• Like 1

I don’t think the ‘self financing’ bit has actually been proven. Do tourists come here to see the Royals? We do have a lot of pomp and ceremonial that’s associated with them and foreign tourists do seem to like that sort of thing. In our village they’re planning a street party for the Royal Wedding and possibly televising both that and the FA Cup in the church! God help us! I’m all for things that will be a stimulus to the economy though and their antics do help to brighten up my dull life. :biggrin:

How can the head of state (the Queen) be married to a Greek clown when he saw a man with a beard recently asked " Is that man with a beard a terrorist ?)

You or I would be done for an alleged hate crime. That bloke is a total embarrassment .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am inclined to agree with you Ian. I was just trying to put the other side of the argument. I’m totally indifferent regarding the Royals. However one of my former co-director’s cousins married Lady Diana’s cousin so that gives me a remote link to the line of succession. There might be a chance for me! :biggrin:

Let's use the Windsor wealth to ease the financial burden on the National Health Services. I think a  council house semi for each Windsor family could be found somewhere in the north east for as long as they could go out to work and pay the rent. The older ones in retirement would presumably draw a pension commensurate with the arduous toil they have undergone in their working lives.

Sort of what happens to most folk................................ 

• Like 2

Well you miserable bunch....... Off with your heads !

• Like 5

The cost to the taxpayer 2017/18 will be £46.5 million - less than a pound a YEAR for the poor downtrodden serfs. Bargain I say and though we may joke aboutthem  looking round the world at some of the alternatives I say long may they continiue. I'll happily give a nice new shiney one pond to anyone who feels they can't afford their contribution this year.  unionflag

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Seems it's not at all clear and the tax they pay muddies the waters somewhat but hey ho whatever.... I'll make it two quid....

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, catfan said:

Search Google a bit more & you will find figures as high as £82M, how many doctors, nurses etc. pay for ?

Looking at the money them doctors are on about 82 .............

• Like 1

Lady Diana I think NOT, total fruit cake, suited Charles down to the ground, both adulterers but at least he didn't go around in just his skimpy's and a fur coat.

And any way I just happened to be abed after a heavy night in a hotel next to the cathedral in Oban and bugger me they started ringing the bells at stupid o/clock just because she was getting buried, went to Fort William everywhere closed until it was finished....... that put the kibosh on it for me.

• Like 1

Diana..............the worst thing that happened to the royal family since Mrs Simpson...............

• Like 1

went to Fort William everywhere closed...............

Nowt to do wi Di... that's normal for that one horse town... Most boring two days of my life spent there..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

People tend to look upon Di through rose tinted spectacles because she was attractive. As Quentin Crisp once said 'She was the most beautiful person ever to walk through the gates of Buckingham Palace'. She had her frailties like everyone else, but at least she eventually got the better of the old bat, the Queen Mother ! 

• Like 1