I presume a lot of us watch this. The quality of many dishes, predominantly chicken and fish, appears to depend on the crispness of the skin. Personally the last thing I want to eat is eat skin and I always peel it off. Have I been doing it wrong all my life? Have I missed a culinary treat?

• Like 1

That programme is a source of great amusement here. How such ineptitude can be demonstrated in so short a time and so frequently causes despair in the French. Even worse is that Bake Off rubbish.

As for the presenters - an ex-market trader and an Australian "chef" - they are beyond parody.

• Like 2

I turn over to another channel or turn the telly off completely when cooking programmes are on. Can’t stand them, there are far too many and they aren’t teaching me anything at my age, I will continue as I have for the past 43 years of marriage, not that I enjoy cooking one little bit.

As for skin on my food, generally yuk, but I love well-cooked lamb skin but won’t touch any fat.  Jack Spratt had nothing on me. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Same here lizzie, detest watching blokes ponce about with food, and then watch em chewing it. 

I don't cook,only when i have to,then its a fry up or boiled egg,

Can't cook,cant make or mend owt,

Good catch ain't i,,,,but if you want a dance,, im ya man,,,,,lol 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

I turn over to another channel or turn the telly off completely when cooking programmes are on. Can’t stand them, there are far too many and they aren’t teaching me anything at my age, I will continue as I have for the past 43 years of marriage, not that I enjoy cooking one little bit.

As for skin on my food, generally yuk, but I love well-cooked lamb skin but won’t touch any fat.  Jack Spratt had nothing on me. 

Lamb skin! Is that with or without the wool?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I really enjoy cooking and baking but I always remove the skin from chicken, get more flavour into the meat that way,I don't mind watching some cooking programs but not the competition type programs,masterchef,bake off etc but the programs where you learn things,I think that clown Jamie Oliver is a waste of air time though,throwing food all over the place and finally serving it up on a piece of old floor board or sommat

Rog

• Like 2

My problem is that I’m not interested in food really.  I’m perfectly happy with a sandwich but I do a cracking roast dinner, even if I say so myself and  I don’t need cookery programmes to teach me how.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I’m fed up with going to restaurants and getting the meal served on a block of wood or a roofing slate. What’s wrong with a traditional plate? Last Saturday we went to the Old Volunteer at Caythorpe which used to be a pub but has now gone very restauranty. As it was a pub lunch I had a double beef burger. The bun was soft and soggy, the meat was dry and the hand cut chips were obviously thin skinny frozen ones. All for £13! At least it was on a proper plate. It made McDonalds look really inviting. This is the third meal out in a row that’s been a disaster. I can’t wait for Rog to set up his roadside diner on the A46. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Same again Lizzie...........like a good breakfast........then most days just graze.......i'm constantly amazed how much some people put away........my previous comment was'nt aimed at chaps on here who like to cook (rog) again its whatever people enjoy doing,,good on ya'...........

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I too hate the skin on chicken and as for crispy skin on fish ........forget it I'd sooner have fish fingers. Cooking programmes are all over we also have a lot but having said that some are really good. Italian food is so varied so it gives you a different outlook on many ingredients.

I must say that the idea of eating meat is slowly diminishing.  Especially as summer is approaching. I much prefer pasta with veg, bulgur  and cous cous,etc. I'm not considering being vegan or vegetarian its just that I'm getting to the stage when I dont like meat., but I've recently got some boned lamb breast that I want to stuff as I did years ago when I could get them.

The other day I cooked a portion of bulgur and added cooked and raw veg along with some pickled veg and a small tin of tuna and a hard boiled egg, added a drop of olive oil and it was delicious. 

This afternoon I made some scones and instead of using butter or margarine I used coconut oil. Its the first time Ive use the oil for cooking ( it usually goes on my face or hands) and I must say they were delicious with just a slight taste of coconut and they were feather light.

• Like 2

I ordered 2 trays of chips last week & 2 buttered bread rolls. Woman put a few chips inside the bread rolls & I rejected them saying I asked for 2 trays of chips instead, they'll rob you blind if you don't complain, I do !

• Like 2