Post Image Gone?

Ian, Perhaps you've overloaded the postimage system with all those pictures you keep posting so rapidly!

Your pictures are still there, but for any picture links you posted you have to change the .org in the link to .cc to get them to show again.

If you Google the subject 'Postimage not working' or something similar, you'll see that it's a world-wide thing. There are a lot of blogs and sites where the subject is mentioned.

At the moment it's like Photobucket all over again, except that PostImage aren't asking for money.

• Like 1

Might pay to start our own free site to hotlink photos from, it wouldn't have the frills to edit photos just store them for hotlinking.

I believe Post Image are trying to get back on their feet, apparently "Cloud Flare" have pulled their pants down. I would willingly pay a subscription to PI.

Photobucket were much different, just holding everyone to ransom.

• Like 2

I have just visited another website I go on where I have posted loads of pictures of my trike,a lot of the same pictures I've posted on here,they are all visible on the other website and all the pictures were downloaded from Post image,is there something wrong with  Nottstalgia why we have lost the pictures?

Rog

I'm just trying postimage again, just ignoring the message in red.  I can get all my photos up and have just copied one to see if it will come up on here.  Here goes......  it seems it is still working, at least I can see it in this reply box... hope it will still be there when I press the button!

IMG_3974.jpg

• Like 1

Works ok on my laptop Margie,did what you said and logged in as normal, all my pictures are there

Rog

It just shows what obedient folk we are... we see a notice which tells us we can't go in somewhere and we just accept it!   (Until I tried my luck - I must have a disobedient streak in me!)

I haven't tried it, but will it upload new pics?

• Like 4

I wonder if we need to limit the number of pictures we post in case postimage has another sulk?  I know it sounds ridiculous but is it worth considering?   It may have a daily limit for this site...

I'll join you for a drink (of fruit juice) Catfan....

• Like 2