Went down Hucknall & drove on to the market place car park: Said on a payment board near ticket machine in largish letters '1 HOUR FREE'  though "that's good" & swanned off to the shops. Came back 40 mins later to a penalty notice, collared the warden to ask what's going on? He pointed to a small notice that said in effect  you still have to get a ticket from  machine for 1'st hour. I asked him how I see the small sign while sitting in my car several yards away? He said "other car park notices are even smaller" Seems a very sneaky conniving way to go on to me. Was a very expensive shopping trip..

I noticed that colly a couple of weeks ago, hucknall just doesn't help itself and won't attract people there, died a few years ago,whilst bulwell is thriving with its free parking, seldom see a traffic warden in bulwell,

• Like 2

That is normal in Long Eaton and in Beeston. Thing is you don't know the first hour is free until you have gone to the ticket machine with coins in hand to read how much to cough up.

• Like 1

Arnold council car parks are just the same, free parking first hour or so but take a ticket first.

Nottingham City Council discussed car park charges in Bulwell a couple of years ago but with them there would be NO free period of parking, the council need every penny they can scrape to fund their pet white elephant, the tram !

Make no mistake charges will be introduced in Bulwell in the future, I can't see the council missing an easy opportunity to make even more money. Then Tesco & Wilko's will clamp down on motorists using their car parks but not spending money there.

• Like 2

About same distance for us to go to Hucknall or Bulwell, so will go to Bulwell in future so I wont get caught out again. Hucknall own goal as far as I'm concerned. They're always moaning people wont go shopping to Hucknall town centre, I wonder why?

• Like 2

Think it's the same in all town centers colly,it seems the local councils don't want cars in their towns/cities,Lincoln car park fees are expensive and the local councils keep asking the question "why don't people shop in the city", open your bloody eyes council and stop being greedy, the new bus station in Lincoln is a joke, people queuing up in the walkways because there is only eight seats for waiting passengers in each bus park,main door facing east so it gets  the cold wind, like a fridge in there and 20 pence to go to the toilet,all designed to get even more money from the public, when the council was asked if there could be some form of heating in the place like other bus stations the answer was No it stops the beggars and rough sleepers setting up in there, caring council? bulls**t another example of councils feathering their own nests at the expence of the taxpayer

Sorry for the rant

Rog

• Like 2

People see a sign saying 'free for 1 hour' & like me think "that's good" & it's human nature to wonder off not thinking to read the smaller print notice board. I wonder if they employed a human behavour psychologist to come up with the idea. I know a lot of firms waffle on in their small print T&C's knowing most people wont read them, then when Mr/Mrs Public complain they point to paragraph 93 subsection 42 where it says "you will be conned & screwed whatever you do."

• Like 2