Hi all, i am new to the board and the area. I have recently opened an A//// C//// easyway to stop smoking clinic in Nottingham and would like to blatently plug my services. For anyone who hasn't heard of A///// C////, he is widely regarded as the leading expert in stopping smoking and his method reuquires no gimmicks (apart from this post on here :o) no nasty patches or false props and in the clinic form has a success rate of over 90%

If anyone is interested please visit my website www./////////////////co.uk

I hope this does not get pulled as i am only trying to help the good people of Nottingham to quit smoking, you know you want to!!!

Sorry but unless you have asked to plug this money venture then your advert will get blocked...by order of the management...

PS. so what's wronge with patches? i quit using them..

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apart from very occasionally i now have no sense of smell......you dont realise how much you miss something until its gone..........funny thing happened regarding this the other day as i was walking i

I was on the school bus & fancied this girl so went over to talk to her, my mate said "she smokes, so you'd better pretend you do as well" & he lit me a fag up. I go over all nonchalant, took

h   Bet his Mam cut his hair?  

Posted Images

My suggestion to smokers wanting to quit...Move to California, it is against the law to smoke in public places in California (that includes restaraunts, bars, clubs, etc.!!!) Also, cigarettes are ridiculously expensive due to the giant tax, that slows down the sale of them...

Nice Idea Cali, but unfortunately you can't ban people into submission as has been shown in certain European countries that have bans in place. I am also sure that the cigarettes in California are no more expensive than they are here and that does not stop people either.

Wanting to quit for whatever reason (ban, health, finance) does not actually give you the ability to do it. My advice is to seek my professional help smile2

Not me...I'm a non-smoker...smell my breath!!!!! :shout:

My mum who is 86 years young still smokes, been smoking since leaving school, don't get me wrong i'm not condoning smoking it's very true it's not good for you but the government doesn't give you any incentive to quit. They make alot of money from the tax...it's just the same with the brewing industry...why should they force you to stop when they are raking in the revenue....

i worked for the tobacco industry for 35 years, what i have earned over those years has paid for numurious holidays, seven cars all paid cash for, raised two children [ wife stayed at home to look after them ] also while i was there i got free dental treatment, physiotherapist on call and numurious other benifits.

Now that i have retired at fifty mind, my pension is one of which i will never need to go back to work.....would i have had all those benifits in any other industry.

me thinks not........

I smoked on and off for 30 years, i eventually stopped using patches, best thing i ever did apart from whitnessing both my two children coming into this world..

You know, SWMBO had three bl00dy double glazing salesmen here to do a quote for new windows! (not all at the same time) One stayed for 3 1/2 hours. Now they wont stop ringing up!

Now doing what I do for a living, do you think I would want Plastic Bl00dy windows.

I was gonna set up an Anti Plastic Double glazing website, and when I retire, I might well do that, to warn people about the horrors of Plastic Double Glazing.

And now I find that I log on to Nottstalgia to find some peace, quiet and normallity.

What do I find? Some Bu99er trying to flog me summat here!

Well thanks to whichever Mod. edited that post.

I wonder if this user is planning to contribute to these forums?

And another thing!

Everyone knows someone who has smoked 'Park Drive' for the past 150 years etc.

And still ride a bike to work every day. Rubbish, that's what I say.

smokingkills

My dad smoked only a short time then gave up.

He is 94 and spends most of his waking hours out and about looking round the

shops in the town where he lives, just outside Los Angeles.

I lost several good friends due to nicotine addiction, and have another who is

fighting Cancer without much hope!

Thank god I never was tempted to take on that dreadful habit.

If you smoke and want to give up, Good Luck to you.

And Thats what I say!

post-11-1150955789_thumb.jpg

To the moderator i offended, my most humble of apologies, i was advertising, but i thought in a light hearted way.

To the guy who has a very nice and comfortable life after years working in the tobacco industry, good luck to you, i personally could not have the deaths of over 100,000 of my company's customers (in the UK per year alone) on my conscience.

To the guy who doesn't want to be sold plastic windows, how about a conservatory instead? And did you not know how much warmer and more efficient double glazed windows are????? smile2

As for whats wrong with patches, well for a start they have nicotine in them, the very reason you smoked cigarettes was to get nicotine. It would be like saying to a heroin addict, listen, if you stop smoking the heroin off the foil and inject a smaller amount of it, you will eventually be able to stop.

I hope i will be a contributor to the forums, because i am not from the area i want to get to know what the people in Nottingham are like, what issues they are facing etc etc. Not just here to flog my services.

Thank you, and sorry once again for any offence.

As for whats wrong with patches, well for a start they have nicotine in them, the very reason you smoked cigarettes was to get nicotine. It would be like saying to a heroin addict, listen, if you stop smoking the heroin off the foil and inject a smaller amount of it, you will eventually be able to stop.

In quite a few medications, it will contain a small amount of whatever it is you are trying to combat... in particular the flue antivirus contains a small amount of the virus, whereby it gives the body's immune system time to build up a defence, and even those on hard drugs are weened of them by the slow introduction of smaller amounts... so basically your arguement that the no smoking patches contain nicotine is a load of bologny...

I personally know of several people who have stopped smoking by this method, also it has cost them absolutely nothing, as just a simply trip to the health centre, whereby a two months supply of the patches is merely given.

And what is to say your brilliant get rich scheme is so safe anyway? .. have you considered the long term psyvchological damage which may occur through hypnotherapy, hypnotism, or what you deem to be so amazingly effective?.. does it cause stress, anxiety, will it leave any neurosis, or nervous disorder?..

in my opinion those who wish to give up smoking would be best advised to stick to the tried and tested patches, and avoid this junk like the plague..

plus you will have the satisfaction of knowing you won't be lining the pocket of some big fat @rsed money grabbing opportunist, who doesn't give a damn about your health anyway.

To the moderator i offended, my most humble of apologies, i was advertising, but i thought in a light hearted way.

To the guy who has a very nice and comfortable life after years working in the tobacco industry, good luck to you, i personally could not have the deaths of over 100,000 of my company's customers (in the UK per year alone) on my conscience.

To the guy who doesn't want to be sold plastic windows, how about a conservatory instead? And did you not know how much warmer and more efficient double glazed windows are?????  smile2

I hope i will be a contributor to the forums, because i am not from the area i want to get to know what the people in Nottingham are like, what issues they are facing etc etc. Not just here to flog my services.

Thank you, and sorry once again for any offence.

No offence taken old boy.

Weve see all sorts here.

People who just post some obscure ad then dissapear.

I usually delete their post and account immediately.

Wherever your from you will find a welcome here.

(What kind of headwear adorns thee BTW?)

DONT ASK WHY!

We dont just talk Cr4p about Notts, we talk Cr4p about lots of subjects.

Plastic windows you say. Make a Burglar happy today...

Install Cr4p Plastic windows.

Or save some money and just leave the front door open!

Thats what I say.

Thanks Ilko i couldn't have put it better myself in fact i could'nt.....see what an education does for one pity i didn't get one.....

this blok soumds as if he lived all his life in a bubble, dosen't he drink alcohol we know he doesn't smoke he must have some adictions, Chocolate maybe, Sex is another, they all damage your health in one way or another...

Ps. If you put your glasses on M you will see it was I who edited his post...

The point i was trying to make about me mum and her still smoking was my dad, Brother and my wife all died from Cancer and they at one time smoked but non of them died from the effects of smoking.....when someone mentions the word CANCER we all think Cigarettes...and that's not necessarily true..so there... :tease: isitsafe

What kind of hat??? hmm the occasional baseball cap when 'tut sun is belting down like. (my best attempt at typing in a burnley accent)

Couldn't agree more on the security aspect of pvc doors either, especially the really cheap externally beaded ones!!!

As for ilkolad, what on earth are you talking about? for a start to with you don't need to be made IMMUNE to nicotine, its not a virus its a drug. the only way it gets into your body is if YOU CHOOSE it to get in.

Secondly, i am not a money grabbing opportunist, i am someone who passionately despises smoking for some very sound personal reasons. And when you consider that ONE cigarette company will spend more on sponsoring ONE sporting event to try and drum up custom than i will EVER make from helping people to quit. Who is on the right side of the moral argument there mate?

As for your views on how i treat people, have you ever attended a session? Have you EVER heard of ANYONE who has that has found it distressing or disturbing? We are not some back street hypnotist outfit who do half smoking and half making people think they are chickens. The hypnotherapy is a tiny part of the treatment right at the end which basically reaffirms all that has been said and before. I am part of a world wide organisation operating for over 20 years and that has sold over 7 million copies of a book, and had over 10,000 people through its clinic doors this year alone.

Black Ice Piccasso,

You have no idea what you are talking about, i do not live my life in a bubble, i smoked 40+ a day for not far off 15 years. I drink like a fish with a raging thirst, and have in my younger days dabbled with recreational drugs. Hardly what you would call a "bubble dweller" am i?

I am not on here TELLING people to stop smoking, i came here and offered help to anyone that WANTS to stop smoking. Is there something so wrong with that?

I am glad you have a clear conscience too, but to compare arms manufacture to cigarettes is ludicrous. They are manufactured to kill people yes, but the idea is for them to be used by the good guys to kill the bad guys, making the world a better and safer place. Cigarettes on the other hand are manufactured to make money, no other reason whatsoever, only problem is that as a bi product of the money making, people die, and not just the bad guys this time either.

Cancers only one of the health risks associated with with smoking. Hardening of the arteries, heart disease and emphysemia are three others.

Around 20 years ago, I went for a medical, and the Doc, who was about my age asked me if I'd ever smoked, I told him yes. He asked me what made me stop, cancer, the fear of I told him. He said emphysemia scared him from them and stopped him. He said, cancer was bad, but generally you didn't last very long, but with emphysemia, it was a long lingering nasty death.

Both my parents died of heart disease, I blame on years of smoking! I also lost a very good mate a few years back who's arteries had hardened. He went into hospital with a leg injury that wouldn't heal, they were going to try some artery grafts, but all his viens and arteries in his legs were shot! He passed on about three weeks after entering hospital. I blame all his years as a heavy smoker on his demise.

Stopping smoking's not easy, the person MUST REALLY want to though, or the attempt will fail. Sometime back in 1974 or 5 I saw a show either on the BEEB or ATV about smoking and it's related illnesses, maybe some of you recall it, lasted a couple of hours, made me stop from that point on! I used to have a lift to work, and the following morning I got in the car and all the blokes I travelled with had seen the same show! Nobody lit up that morning! Out of the five of us, only one went back to smoking, he died of cancer of the lungs.

I totally agree with most of what you say Ayup, and i am truly sorry for your losses, i too have lost family and friends through smoking. My mother who is 54 is currently fighting a losing battle against lung cancer.

The only thing i would disagree with is where you say it is difficult to stop. With most methods (NRT, Zyban, Willpower) yes this is the case because you are actively trying to never do something again, which is obviously hard. The real beuaty of the way we help people is that we change their perception of smoking to the extent that they actually not only do not want one, they know they don't need one and the only thing making them want another cigarette was the last cigarette's nicotine leaving their body. This honestly does make it incredibly easy to quit.

Even people who do not want to quit when they arrive (one bloke had been bought a voucher and only came because he wanted to fail and then get his money back) still go on to become happy non smokers.

Ilkolad, a few minor corrections to your wonderfully insightful comments.

First of all, the methods we use at our clinics are proven, we have a 90% success rate, and this can be verified.

Secondly, the method is endorsed by such groups and individuals as The World health organisation, and leading professors on both sides of the Atlantic.

Thirdly, this is not some hair brained get rich scheme, it is me, dedicating the rest of my professional life to helping people in Nottingham who WANT to stop smoking.

Finally, me posting on here was not a "sales technique" i was merely introducing myself and my services to the city of Nottingham. I could understand the resentment if i had been underhand or dishonest, and generated a discussion on smoking and not telling you why, but i didn't, i even called the post a "blatant plug"

What you have to remember 1fatbloke is it's a personal choice what we choose to do or partake of in life & at our age [& most of us are over 40 except Cali who is a mere child!!] I think we would rather decide for ourself what we want to drink/smoke or sniff & we would rather not be lectured or cajoled by someone who thinks he knows whats good for us etc, blah blah blah. So if you have anything interesting to say or you have some pictures of days gone by then by all means post away & if you dont' SHUT UP !!! for christs sake . bored

Caz, thanks for that well thought out response, obviously you felt compelled to reply to something that you have no interest in whatsoever????????

Obviously when i was told i would get a friendly welcome on here i was lied to.

Could you point me to the bit where i lectured someone or cajoled them into trying to stop? If you can i will happily go back and wipe off ALL my comments and never return here to bore you again???

I wouldn't give much store to the WHO, they are just another tool of the big pharmaceutical companies.

The author of a book I'm reading was a heavy smoker, he doesn't endorse ANY product, but stopped smoking within one hour using natural methods. He has written a reasonable priced book on the method he used, he is one of the leading advocates of alternate medicine and natural healing.

I do believe there is not one illness or ailment that cannot be "cured" naturally, or even prevented naturally, and each year more and more Doctors are saying the same thing.

Many years ago, a European MD came up with something startling, if the body ph is alkaline NO disease, or cancer can grow or live in the body!

Jeeze! If the mainstream media EVER published that, the drug companies and private medicine would die of the truth cancer!! Imagine how many billions they would lose and how many people would be put out of work!!

Over here now, the big drug companies are inventing diseases for their TV and magazine ads, "Acid Reflux Disease" indeed!! Used to be called simple heartburn when I were a lad, now all of a sudden it's Acid Reflux!! AND they have a nice expensive drug to treat it!! Don't cure it, but treats it. Warrabaht Alka Seltzer??? Cheap nasty and does the job at a fraction of the price. OR just change your eating habits, costs nowt!

What you have to remember 1fatbloke is it's a personal choice what we choose to do or partake of in life & at our age [& most of us are over 40 except Cali who is a mere child!!] I think we would rather decide for ourself what we want to drink/smoke or sniff & we would rather not be lectured or cajoled by someone who thinks he knows whats good for us etc, blah blah blah. So if you have anything interesting to say or you have some pictures of days gone by then by all means post away & if you dont' SHUT UP !!! for christs sake . bored

;) Caz must be a smoker smile2

Hi

I quit smoking three years ago after reading big time on the subject.

To begin with I would say that anyone saying they have the one and only method to quit is either advertising or out of their mind. Addiction is a complex phenomenon and individuals are not all the same. One has to show some will indeed but a little friendship, a little medication (nicotine), a little psychology, a little self-confidence, and the capacity to learn from failures can be required too...

Because of side effects I wouldn't use any other medication than nicotine. So-called vaccines can be very harmful to body and mind.

The best advice I read is to get used to the following idea :

The first attempt to quit is very very very seldom successful. Most people succeed after 4 to 8 real attempts. So try hard but not too hard and see what can be improved the next time.

It's never easy but one day you just don't care about it any more. It took me about 8 months to stop taking bits of nicotine chewing gum without becoming nervous or aggressive.

It's really good to feel that you're really through with it.

But still I wouldn't allow myseld a single puff... gotta be careful.

boombox2

I couldn't start smoking again even if I wanted to, the last few years has seen be become alergic to tobacco smoke. I get what appears to be an asthmatic attack when I'm around tobacco smoke, even though I'm don't suffer from asthma!

I also have trouble breathing around forest fire smoke too.

As for vaccines, I know where your coming from, a mercury based substance is used as a preservative in ALL vaccines, no wonder my generation is now suffering from more cases of arthritis and altzheimers!! We are laden with mercury from childhood innoculations and mouths full of mercury amalgam fillings! When each of mine are due for replacement, I'm having the "plastic" fillings!

Indeed, I very much do 'grasp' the very nub of your comments, of which you seem to be denying the fact that you are making big wedges of dosh out of peoples failure and misery, when there is an alternate whereby you could affect the same outcome by means other than fiscal remuneration..

and 'so what' if tobacco companies have made vast fortunes? do you think this gives you the ok to do the same?

I'm afraid sir, you are transparent.. you have been sussed, basically your scheme has took a massive nosedive, thus now leaving you high and dry, leaving you with little recourse but to try and weedle yourself out of a corner.

(and No!.. we are not hostile! ... we have, and never will mistreat horses on this forum!)

btw: .. how much did you initally offer the owner of this webspace for placement of your high moralled 'money backed guarantee' wonder cure advertisement?

seems to me you may be labouring under a misconception, whereby it's ok for a certain faction to glean all the wonga, to the exclusion of any others!.

Ilkolad, i would agree with you on the fact that i am transparent insomuch as i called my initial post a BLATANT PLUG, i mean how much more transparent can you get. I object to you implying that i am in some way being dishonest, i object to you refering to my business and my organisation as being some form of "scheme" I object to the fact that you are judging me by your own very low standards and moral code too.

Just for your reference as well, if someone fails to stop smoking using our method we DO GIVE A FULL REFUND, the cigarette companies will not offer a penny of compensation to any of its "customers" when they contract fatal disease though using their lovely fluffy products.

You keep saying "my scheme has taken a nosedive" and "that i am trying to wriggle out" What scheme, what wriggle, have you never heard of debate? You have one view that i think most sane and reasonable people would agree is a nonsense, and i have mine which people are free to debate. The difference is i and my company have the experience of many hundreds of thousands of customers opinions, you have just your own very shallow, bitter, warped and twisted view of the world to call upon.

One final point Ilkolad, you talk of "your friends" doing charity work, you are assuming i don't, very very wrong. I am proud to support my family in the way that i do and i also contribute heavily to various charites, both in terms of finance and time, can you look at yourself and say the same?

btw: .. how much did you initally offer the owner of this webspace for placement of your high moralled 'money backed guarantee' wonder cure advertisement?

seems to me you may be labouring under a misconception, whereby it's ok for a certain faction to glean all the wonga, to the exclusion of any others!.

What on earth are you talking about??? I have offered nobody any money and i strongly resent your implications. I made a light hearted post about a new business in nottingham. Is there something so wrong in that? If there is please tell me, if there isn't then kindly go away and leave the sensible people to talk