I've heard it said that tea is even harder to quit than heroin or tobacco, I personally don't believe it, but then again I've never tried... but there must be something in it though, because even at times when I'm not thirsty I have to pull out the hip flask and imbibe on the golden nectar..

it does at times become ebarrassing, especially when I'm halfway round Netto or Tesco, but it's the only thing that stops the shakes..

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apart from very occasionally i now have no sense of smell......you dont realise how much you miss something until its gone..........funny thing happened regarding this the other day as i was walking i

I was on the school bus & fancied this girl so went over to talk to her, my mate said "she smokes, so you'd better pretend you do as well" & he lit me a fag up. I go over all nonchalant, took

h   Bet his Mam cut his hair?  

Posted Images

we all know the effects of passive smoking, but what about the effects of passive drinking?.. how many people have been injured/killed by a car driver cuz he`s had too much to smoke. go into any hospital a and e department at the weekend and the majority of people are there cuz they`ve had too much to drink. same with the courts on a monday morning after the weekend, it`s always " im sorry your honour, but i had too much to drink and did`nt know what i was doing". none of the above has anything to do with smoking. what im trying to say is that the two are no worse than each other, but smokers are the easier target. by the way i`ve just come out of hospital after an op` on my arm and i feel worse than when i went in. no2

Yes you are quite correct I have no interest at all in trying to convince people smoking is bad for their health. My father died of lung cancer so I have personal experience of what it can do to all of your body not just your lungs. I also have a friend who is 57 & is losing his battle to live due to smoking, unfortunately for him there is no going back. I don't smoke now but have in the past,so I am not totally oblivious when it comes to the subject. What annoys me is when salesmen/women try to come onto this site & sell their goods.I don't think Mick set up this site so it can be used as a sales floor. So as I said welcome,great to see you have registered & please post away. !hand!

Ilko have you tried smoking the tea instead of drinking it? might catch on, just remember to remove the bag first or it will make a terrible mess of your eyebrows

smokingkills

I never smoked.

I never bought a a packet of Cigarettes.

I woinder just how much tax I have avoided paying over the years?

smile2

Yes, but just think of all the doughnuts and crisps you've been eating due to your fantastic appetite, plus all those luscious bags of cholesterol soaked chips, hot dogs, sausage rolls, kebabs, and meat pies, all of which are full of, additives, fat, and preservatives, perfectly designed to give you a heart attack ..

basically by the avoidance of one particular item in the interests of health, just means it's another that'll get you in the end..

This will make you feel really special black ice, and bring some much needed cheer to your otherwise sad and empty life. I have not posted on ANY other forum, only yours. You are right , i did not ask, but i did draw the moderators attention to it so if you had wanted to pull the post you could (how much more powerful would that make you feel???)

Ilkolad, i would look at your point of view if i could understand what the bloody hell it was, apart from accusing me of being some back street scam artist you have made no sense whatsoever.

Black ice, you took the money from a company that pedals death and misery, i am happy for you, i just hope that should one of your offspring get involved in dealing harmful substances you will remain equally supportive of them.

To Caz, sorry to hear about your losses, but i still don't understand how i could have bored you. Nobody was forcing you to read a thread called "stopping smoking"

And to the rest of you, thanks for me brief time here, sorry i will no longer be a posting on here because i disagree with the borderline libelous nature of a couple of your moderators.

Good bye

I reckon he's just come back from some kind of seminar, whereby the weak minded get brainwashed into the morals, and ideals, by which, they are informed they will be millionaires if they simply follow the plan.... you can tell this by his hyper attitude, and misplaced morals.

it's marvellous how the thought of big wedges of dosh drives some of these morons absolutely crazy!

I reckon he's just come back from some kind of seminar, whereby the weak minded get brainwashed into the morals, and ideals, by which, they are informed they will be millionaires if they simply follow the plan....

Sh1t

What am I gonna do with all this tupperware and Amway Stuff!

Why should i have pull the post, you had something to say and i listened , i didn't agree with what you said so i made a comment or two, if that offended you well hard sh1t that's called having an opinion on life.

I hope the next time you buy Petrol or Diesel for your motor, that's me assuming again that you have one, you think where it has come from and the amount of suffering to inocent people these multinational oil companys have caused not only to them but to the environment aswell.

Sorry but did you say that you was once a smoker, so indirectly you yourself gave money to these bad nasty companies who peddled death and distruction to the world..Hey? and also have employed thousends of people who otherwise wouldn't have had a job........................

Has he gone yet??????????

I don't know about that ilko sounds a little over the top mate, 99p would be more like it and could new members get two memberships for the price of one if they joined on a thursday afternoon between the times of 2-30pm and 2-32pm..?

I'll go along with you ilko, we were being very nice to the chap, gave him a chance to state his case but unfortunatlly for him not everybody see's his new smoke free world through rose coloured specticals and not all of us have been brain wash like he had been...there was i thinking that the church was the only multinational organisation who brain washes their congregations............

Have a go at that 1fatbloke you know you want to....

Regarding my sad and empty life well my i tell you that on Saturday i will be making a free fall jump from twenty thousend feet mate...how sad and empty is that ....

not really.. had to make something up to stop me from getting bored...

perhaps if you were to charge a  membership fee Mick, it might make them think twice before they decide to be so condescending and obstreperous..  might I suggest a fortnites trial for £2.99 with a 'moneyback guarantee'  if they found it not to their liking?

What do you think this is?

FIENDSREUNITED?

Guys, you've all heard about it. Here it is...

You CAN enlarge your penis using just a few simple exercises and techniques! All it takes is a few minutes a day, and the results are permanent. It may sound hard to believe, but it really does work! These methods are 100% Natural. No pumps, pills, magic devices or silly gadgets, and definitely no surgery. just loads of money ...

Who does this remind you of,,,1 fat bloke that's who......

Yes, but unlike the tobacco ad campaign, this one is successful in what it sets out to achieve, inasmuch, now thanks to this amazing newfound technique, thousands of men can once more can hold their head up high and walk with pride... albeit it does leave them with a slight facial twitch...

but at the end of the day, is such small price to pay for a wonderful new lease of life.

perhaps if you were to charge a  membership fee Mick, it might make them think twice before they decide to be so condescending and obstreperous..  might I suggest a fortnites trial for £2.99 with a 'moneyback guarantee'  if they found it not to their liking?

What do you think this is?

FIENDSREUNITED?

Good job you didn't type Freaksreunited, that name's been taken by another site ;)

I'm suprised ayup you don't buy it mate because it's for sale..

Whats for sale Den????

fatbloke.. do u live in nottm?...i`m enjoying this debate if you can call it that. never seen a topic get so much feedback. can`t you try and flog us something else after this one as run its natural course

i`ve been a bit slow on the uptake here but... it strikes me that you appear to be a reasonably intelligent man fatbloke, so why are you peddling your product on a site that as fewer than 250 members of which about 20 are regular posters when you could spend your time ,energy and resources on an advert in the evening post where you would get a more positive and numurous response. is anybody starting to think the same way as me?

Exactly rob..

plus, to introduce oneself on a forum with the intention of fiscal remuneration isn't the best method by which to attract friendly debate, and as sure as hell will never promote one's product....

my guess he's new to the scene, after being told the internet being full of gullible punters would guarantee him masses of extra dosh!

by the mention of 'a blatant plug' in his intial topic, he thought would absolve him from adverse criticism , but to his chagrin has sadly found it not to be the case, and is now targetting petty abuse towards various forum members due to the stress and financial loss of the failed venture..

we gave him our advice, we tried to tell him he was going down the wrong path, we advised a change of career, .. but would he listen?

and now we have to contend with the ramblings of an angry and broken man!

We only have to listen to him for so long then one of us can push the button on the ejector seat,now then which one of us is going to do it I wonder?? please let it be me :yahoo:

Yet again the forum proves it can’t cope with unwelcome posters…..

The ‘macho’ rush to be seen to be attacking the OP for his, IMO quite harmless, contribution seemed quite ridiculous - especially when compared to the rapid pedestal building that went on upon the arrival of the recent blatant trolls!

Suggest the group’s reaction to the cigarette poster have been much more offensive than any offence he may have caused; therefore don’t be surprised if he seeks to defend himself.

These instant gushing ‘Welcome’s!’ (complete with a hint of desperation) to new posters don’t help either….

Cheers

Robt P.

Locking me away in a padded cell for a month would help me stop smoking. Are these facilities available at the clinic? Patches, gum, and all the other stuff is fine but not working. I don't think I have the will power or determination... Padded cells please and nicotine deprivation might work. !rotfl!

Right, first things first.

The reason i am still posting on here is two fold (that means for more than one reason for ilko and his munchkin black ice) The first is a purely technical one in that i for some reason keep getting an e-mail saying people have posted on this topic.

The second is that i point blank refuse to have jumped up little worms like the aforementioned dyslexic duo defame my good name.

I will now answer a few other questions.

1) The reason i am posting on a website with bu99er all subscribers is because it was top of the list when i did a google search.

2) I am not trying to hard sell anything to anyone, just letting smokers who want to quit know that there is a way out.

3) Nicotine Replacement therapy will help pretty much nobody, conclusive INDEPENDANT studies show less than a 10% success rate

4) Our Gent, thank you for confirming point 3, now consider a different way and visit my clinic. do a google for smoking cessation in Nottingham and i am sure you will find an easyway to stop smoking.

5) Rob, cheers for the support, seems like there ARE one or 2 sane, sensible and intelligent posters on this otherwise stale forum.

6) Caz, are you black ice in disguise??? Getting ultimate power trips from removing peoples posts??? How about you respond to my earlier challenge?? You know?? Where i asked you to point out where i had been FORCING people to stop smoking, and if you did i would happily remove all my posts myself, without the need of the all seeing and never moving moderators intervention!!!! No????

Does that mean you love us really?

What I would like to see is some of your postings in other threads.

What about Music chat