• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apart from very occasionally i now have no sense of smell......you dont realise how much you miss something until its gone..........funny thing happened regarding this the other day as i was walking i

I was on the school bus & fancied this girl so went over to talk to her, my mate said "she smokes, so you'd better pretend you do as well" & he lit me a fag up. I go over all nonchalant, took

h   Bet his Mam cut his hair?  

Posted Images

I must have missed that one.

Not an oxymoron

I am a reputable craftsmen.

I am not qualified*, but As it is my own house, I make sure it is right and I know what I am doing. And it cost me a lot less as well.

* in a former life I was a qualified electrician, but find than new legislation (Part P)

prevents me from carrying out certain electrical work in my own house!

;) Does this mean you are starting to like us....we can be nice as long as you stop calling us names..and preaching to us...

There are alot of points you raise that i disagree with, one is patches, you can quote statistics all night long they don't mean a thing to me and how many times do they get twisted to suit ones needs...Patches worked for me and no doubt they have worked for others................

Right, first things first.

The reason i am still posting on here is two fold (that means for more than one reason for ilko and his munchkin black ice) The first is a purely technical one in that i for some reason keep getting an e-mail saying people have posted on this topic.

The second is that i point blank refuse to have jumped up little worms like the aforementioned dyslexic duo defame my good name.

I will now answer a few other questions.

1) The reason i am posting on a website with bu99er all subscribers is because it was top of the list when i did a google search.

2) I am not trying to hard sell anything to anyone, just letting smokers who want to quit know that there is a way out.

3) Nicotine Replacement therapy will help pretty much nobody, conclusive INDEPENDANT studies show less than a 10% success rate

4) Our Gent, thank you for confirming point 3, now consider a different way and visit my clinic. do a google for smoking cessation in Nottingham and i am sure you will find an easyway to stop smoking.

5) Rob, cheers for the support, seems like there ARE one or 2 sane, sensible and intelligent posters on this otherwise stale forum.

6) Caz, are you black ice in disguise??? Getting ultimate power trips from removing peoples posts??? How about you respond to my earlier challenge?? You know?? Where i asked you to point out where i had been FORCING people to stop smoking, and if you did i would happily remove all my posts myself, without the need of the all seeing and never moving moderators intervention!!!! No????

I've got nowt agin yer meducks!

Good for you if you can help anyone throw the baccy habit and make a living doing so. Baccy companies have made billions every year selling their diabolical products.

When most of us on here were teens, they used glamour ads, "Nelson is good for you" Yeh!! Bloody glad they can't do that anymore, but they still use underhanded lies to sell their products!

IF you only get one person to throw the habit, you've earned your fee!

If my Mum and Dad hadn't got hooked, they'd be still alive today, 80 years old! But at least they wouldn't have died from coronories and hardened arteries!

Go for it fatman!!!

One thing this guy hasn't mentioned yet is money.

C'mon Fats tell us how much this is going to cost i'd really like to know.

Enjoy your posts..you can ruffle a few feathers..I like that.

Oxymorons

If love is blind,why is lingerie so popular?

Why is "phonics"not spelled the way it sounds?

Why do "slow down"and "slow up" mean the same thing?

6) Caz, are you black ice in disguise??? Getting ultimate power trips from removing peoples posts??? How about you respond to my earlier challenge?? You know?? Where i asked you to point out where i had been FORCING people to stop smoking, and if you did i would happily remove all my posts myself, without the need of the all seeing and never moving moderators intervention!!!! No????

In reply to your latest post. Eeeeeer no!!

#1 I am not Black Ice in disguise,it's just that we see thing's in the same perspective a lot of the time. :Friends:

#2 Removing your ads does not give me a power trip of any kind, just nice to know we can shut you up if we want to. :yahoo:

#3 I won't comment on my post about you forcing people to stop smoking, it's already way too long ago to even bother about. I have my opinions & I will now keep them to myself & suffice to say I certainly won't waste precious time making you feel better because someone dared challenge you........ poor baby . bored

I'm off now to read the interesting posts from other Nottstalgia members who are here just to enjoy the nostalgia/ witty repartee & downright silliness we engage in from time to time & if I want to buy anything I'll look in the Yellow pages........................ thanks!! iloveyoutoo

You raise a very good point in your own comedic way mick. The government can not afford for everyone to stop smoking. They bring in about 6 BILLION a year in revenue and spend around ! BILLION on treating the victims. If everyone packed in tomorrow people would still need treatment for smoke related illnesses but no longer is the big cash cow there to pay for it.

So it makes it even worse that they victimise smokers in the way they do, making them go outside when in public places etc etc. And it also makes you wonder why they promote the use of nicotine replacement therapy so much yet actively block other forms of treatment from advertising........

I will let you draw your own conclusions.

Yeh, and touch wood it wont happen, but if I need Medical treatment in the future, having not drawn on all the money that I payed into the NHS over the years. There will be nowt left for my naturaly occurring afflictions due to old age.

They should calculate the cost of percentage of Smoking related treatment,

then tax it directly per packet.

• 11 years later...

Day 6 in Tenerife I can report smoking ain't gone out of fashion here with the oldies (mostly Jerrys & Swiss) Every morning all I can hear is the flicking of lighters then coughing thier guts up & gobbing off the balcony, smells like a bonfire, I could get a job here blowing up lilos :crazy: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 years later...
On 6/22/2006 at 5:51 PM, Ayupmeducks said:

no wonder my generation is now suffering from more cases of arthritis and altzheimers

Apparently Wet Wet Wets Marti Pellow just discovered he's got Arthritis, he feels it in his fingers, he feels it in his toes :crazy:

• Like 1

I was on the school bus & fancied this girl so went over to talk to her, my mate said "she smokes, so you'd better pretend you do as well" & he lit me a fag up. I go over all nonchalant, took a couple of drags & coughed & coughed & coughed & coughed then boffed up all over her shoes, I certainly knew how to impress the girls back then, lol. Never touched a fag since. She still went out with me though, till she caught me kissing her best friend, then the shouting & fuss started & was I was dumped... 

• Like 3
  • 6 months later...

Up at 2 26 am have problems sleeping so go around our site. 

Came across this posting and read all comments.

Now I have never smoked, and I don't condone any one who doe's.  To me its like a first class drug, once hooked its hard to break the habit.

Can members remember when you came out of school there was always some one trying to offer you some kind of drug, go on just try it they would say!!! this was untill the police were involed then no longer were any one standing out side the school gate. 

I once worked at a doctors surgery, and we had a new GP start he gave up lots of his own time to try and get some people off drugs,  young and old. I take my hat off to this doctor he realy cared.

Hair Stylist by trade  !!!!

Tell me what do you do/say? when your client sits crying and tells you this.

"I just don't know what to do my son is 14 and down side of his bed i find dirty undies and pieces of siver paper, with a funny smell "   I think its drugs in fact I know its drugs Please Tell me what to do?    what could I say? 
I never did see my client again. 

SO MY OWN OPINION IS!!!!!! 

Do not condone any one for getting hooked on drugs because it could easily be you, one of your family, or friend. 

Instead we should all try and help them.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

enjoyed a smoke as well................bless him.........

Died at 78 but his life was never boring...........

• Like 1

According to what I've read, Dean Martin (Croccetti was, I believe, his real name) didn't drink much at all and was more likely to have a cup of cocoa when he got home at night.

Cocoa doesn't go with the image, though.

People are rarely what they seem!

6 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

People are rarely what they seem!

How true, in reality I'm 6'4" and gorgeous with a body like Adonis..!!!    :yahoo:

I've long thought that Dean Martin is/was the coolest man to ever set foot on the planet.

A documentary about his life was repeated on TV a couple of weeks ago, and I watched it again. The footage of him doing his one-man show in Las Vegas is amazing. On paper it shouldn't work; but it does, brilliantly.

• Like 1

He probably was one of the coolest men on the planet. I grew up with Dino blasting out on my fathers massive speakers from the stereo and he probably inspired my love of all things Italian in later life with many visits to the area around Florence and Pisa. The last song at Mums funeral was Dean Martin.

Mrs B