• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't watch much of any news any more.  It always seems to be propaganda of one kind or another and attacks on our president.  Don't misunderstand me.  I'm not a great Don Trump supporter and  I don't

Whilst I'm not remotely religious, I have no problem with the idea of a Patron Saint or similar which folk can look to for inspiration and comfort when required.    But you can tell the stor

And did those feet in ancient times walk upon Englands mountains green. Happy St.Georges Day - That's what I'm talking about x   

Posted Images

Absolutely Red!!

Anzac day is April 25th. This should be on Expats but never mind ;)

post-11-1114073023_thumb.png

Thanks Caz, that clears things up a bit. I bought soccer outfits for my two little ones that have that flag emblem on them. :)

Where's all this happening Scoots,is it local or just England in general?? I wasn't aware St George's day was particularly celebrated. Good on them & you all for hanging onto tradition & something which should be celebrated. It shouldn't be allowed to just drift away.

I can post it now we have permission from council and the police , or your welcome to our first ever St Georges day parade though the streets of Radford starting at The Pheasant Inn prospect street at 11am taking in a two hour route via St Peters Street , Ilkeston Road , Radford boulevard ect , finishing back at the pheasant where there will be a party , disco , bouncy castle , barbeque ect .

Thanks for posting that Scoots. Nice to see all the floats & people taking an interest in tradition & being proud of their country.

I went to an Anzac parade today in my town. Very emotional watching all the old diggers marching with their medals,some very fragile, but still they marched with pride bless em!! A lot of Vietnam vets marched too. Lovely to see youngsters taking part & supporting the old soldiers.

• 8 years later...

i will be putting my english flags out my bedroom window again this year if my nieghbors can all put there flags in there windows so can i one of our asian nieghbors at certain times flies his own countrys flag and the england flag esspecially for cricket and football.

bubble wrap maybe that is so but we adoppted st george as the patron saint of england how many saints can you name that were english

This is true,and they didnt behave like saints did they,but Greece was a bit further away :)

I shall, as usual be wearing a red rose, lets not forget William Shakespeare. Born April 23rd 1564

Died April 23rd 1616, He'll be 450.