• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great post, that is a real early one with Jet Harris on bass and Tony Meehan on drums. Who can forget this one   

53 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

Sometimes known as Cricket Calypso

this instrumental gives you an idea of this thread...any faves?

Listening to this reminded me the wretched crick season is around the corner, wake me up when it's gone !

• Like 1

Ah ,don't be like that catfan..............you can't beat a ''slash to leg'' or a quick one thru the covers'',even dropping one over the boundary'',or seeing a deep fine leg'' and don't forget to cover your point'' whilst bowling a Maiden over''............lol

• Like 2

Think with Cricket Mick........you either love it or hate it........twas my first sporting love,,when Grandad took me to Trent Bridge about 1950.........

Same for me Ben, I watched my Dad playing cricket whilst I sat in my pram!  Then he took me to Trent Bridge to watch internationals when I was young.  

• Like 1

Last year Trent Bridge cricket ground was voted the second best sporting venue for a day out, first was Wimbledon. Trent Bridge was also voted the friendliest cricket ground in the country.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, denshaw said:

Last year Trent Bridge cricket ground was voted the second best sporting venue for a day out, first was Wimbledon. Trent Bridge was also voted the friendliest cricket ground in the country.

And rightly so Den.  When the sun is shining it’s a fabulous day out.  We’d go down more often if we didn’t have a dog. 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Used presently by Applemans Cider for their ad campaign.

Instrumental working of The Last Time..by Rolling Stones.

Bill's homemade bass can be heard.

David Whitfield worked with them also.

Pity The Verve didn't ask permission-

Ouch!!

Sorry about this Ian but as a Stones addict this is bloody awful.

I remember sitting in a café in Matlock Bath 1965 having breakfast before going caving and hearing this for the first time, hooked on the Stones ever since.

'Now I've told you once and I've told you twice' .................this is bloody awfulnoblue

• Like 1

Music with out song?

The Shadows must have been one of the best, Duane Eddy, and his "tawny" guitar, Eric Clapton, just to name a few.

• Like 1

Swing Bands just loved em.............Glen Miller..Benny Goodman,,Count Basie,,Joe Loss,,Tommy Dorsey................and many more in the 50s

Made you wanna Dance,, do do do do doya wanna dance,, well doya?..............

All music no words,, this thread as got me thinking about the early 60s...........walking in the Palais or Locarno.......with the floor slightly moving and a real band playing.........and having that great feeling of anticipation of what the night would bring.......dressed in my Italian suit, slim Jim tie and Winkle Pickers,complete with a splash of Old Spice......now wheres the lucky girl.........lol

• Like 1
3 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

.........and having that great feeling of anticipation of what the night would bring.......dressed in my Italian suit, slim Jim tie and Winkle Pickers,complete with a splash of Old Spice......now wheres the lucky girl.........lol

And you still think like that when you walk into Wetherspoons in the morning.

• Like 1

LOL..........certainly do Cliff ton.........its my ''Raison detre'' only this morning had a lovely chat over a smoke with a lady out back at Wethers.....always give her friendly chat up lines.....she's about 65,lives on her own but likes to get out and about.......as i was leaving her she grabbed my hand and told me how much she likes my 'Patter''.........think i cheer her up,,she made my day today.........Donna was with me...but she takes no notice,,........think lifes all about feeling good and making others happy,,which in turn does it for me,,

Get bored very easy when i'm not working during the week.......so as above love feeling fresh in a morning getting dressed in nice clothes,splash of after shave and i'm away.......most of my teeth have gone,,no longer need a comb,,scawny neck,, skinny legs,,tabs seem bigger,as does my hooter......but still think i'm 21,, and a Billy Fury lookalike........lol.............ahh those were the days my friend,we thought they'd never end.......carnie,,Margie,,Lizzie,, or any of the NS choir ?

• Like 2